Getting Married
Jan 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 53
congrats, having taken the same step 6 months back, my wife and I still look back on it and remember it like it just happened.

as for advice, just enjoy it, and think about all of your friends and family who could be there to share it with you and your bride, and don't sweat the small stuff, if something doesn't work out exactly as you want it, just let it go and don't let it ruin your day. If you haven't, I'd pick someone to handle the small stuff for you, my father in-law handled all of the tips/last minute payments and details if someone had a question about what we had requested, just takes a load off you and lets you enjoy the whole experience.

as for marriage, nothings really different, and it shouldn't, we've just looked at it as an official thing rather then something that changed anything between us

fhuang, to me, 8 months seems to quick to be really sure, but my wife and I were dating 5 years before we got engaged and 8 before we got married

one of the moments that told me i was ready was getting into a big fight over something, and even though i was pissed at her, still knowing i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her

Jan 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fhuang, to me, 8 months seems to quick to be really sure, but my wife and I were dating 5 years before we got engaged and 8 before we got married

WHEW - I'm not the only one who takes his time... it's coming up on 10 years for me! But the ring is coming.

I have to admit, I've been putting a lot of thought into marriage lately and this thread has me getting the ol' butterflies in my stomach with you. All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy the ride. Every man needs a good woman. (Or partner).

Jan 31, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #19 of 53
i had a 10 year old relationship and a 2 year relationship before plus uncountable dates. i sometimes just think time don't mean nothing but a number. plus i never feel this before.

Jan 31, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i sometimes just think time don't mean nothing but a number. plus i never feel this before.

I agree with you, but unless you haven't had some serious conversations about certain things, it's hard to tell if love itself is solid enough foundation for marriage. Remember, it's nice to have similarities and differences, but your personal moral fabric should be dead-on.

Could be that it's exactly why you feel like you do though!
icon10.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monday is the big day. Feeeling the butterflies. I think of myself of a pretty tough guy. But, this is getting to me a bit. Any words of encouragement?

Congrats Big Poppa! I'm heading the same path as you, getting married this comming May. I'm excited as you are :) ..... Only thing is, getting married is so expensive but it's all good!

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've been with my girlfriend for the past 8 months. everything were great and i do have a feeling that i want to spend my rest of my life with her and i never have this feeling before. i've asking all of my friends about this. this is why i'm asking.

It's just one of those questions that you have to know yourself. Do you love her, warts and all? Are you a great team, and each other's best friend? Do you trust and respect her like you trust and respect no one else? Do you get the same feeling from her?

Does marriage seem scary, or does it seem just like the next natural thing to happen, to spend the rest of your life together?

You'll know the answer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 53
Congratulations!!!

Just take it one moment at a time. Enjoy the occassion and take time to take it all in! Try not to stress or panic - it will be a breeze!!

biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #28 of 53
My Condolences. Just Kidding!!!!
tongue.gif

Congrats on the pending nuptials. This year is my 20th Anniversary of marriage to my high school sweetheart. May you have a long and happy marriage!

Now comes the kids.....
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back