getting into the IEM world... need some advice
Feb 5, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

The main things I'm looking for are:
-comfort
-ease of insertion
-accurate SQ

Your best bet is Super.fi 3. Nice even response throughout the whole range, and very comfortable and easy to insert due to the shallow tips.

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #18 of 23
I find the UM1's clear color to be completely ignorable. When you have them in, they fit against the ear quite nicely and I think they are harder to notice than other IEMs. Earphonesolutions gives you a free pair of Shure tri-flanges - when modded appropriately, many people like them better than the comply tips, which have to be replaced frequently anyway. I have the best success with the Shure soft flex tips (medium size), which I feel are considerably more comfortable than the tri-flange. I can't get the foam to seal right.

Note that while the UM1 reviews are all good, I think most of the people who are doing the reviewing don't have much experience with other IEMs. So take them with a grain of salt.

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
I think the apple in-ears would be good choice for you

frown.gif
I hope that was just a bad joke.

-Angler
600smile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #21 of 23
I just got my Panasonic RP-HNJ50.

I couldnt be happier. Nice step up from the sony ex71 I had (which died after a month) and the Panasonic HJE50 I bought to replace it.

Boy do these have bass.

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
frown.gif
I hope that was just a bad joke.

-Angler
600smile.gif

no. Apple products are of high quality, look at the apple and the new intel powered laptops

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
no. Apple products are of high quality, look at the apple and the new intel powered laptops

In general, they make some good products, but that doesn't apply here. The in-ear buds are rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back