Getting into Porcupine Tree - what albums to get first?
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 37
I have to say I don't personally feel the same way, but it's music, we all have different proclivities :D

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #32 of 37
Cool that I found this thread, going to be checking out albums too.

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #33 of 37
When listening to 'In Absentia' I can easily identify passages that are Opeth-inspired - on 'The Sky Moves Sideways' I get to hear what inspired Opeth especially in their early recordings, which was pretty amazing. They're all great and thankfully we don't have to limit ourselves to enjoying either era :)

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #34 of 37

Quote:
^don't shy away from trying their earlier, more psychedelic work - while the later albums are good it feels like more passion went into recordings like 'The Sky Moves Sideways'.

I've been moving backwards one album at a time, so I'll get there soon. How early do you mean?

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #35 of 37
You might want to get that checked out. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I have to say I don't personally feel the same way, but it's music, we all have different proclivities
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #36 of 37
Keep going 'til you get to the end of it :) I'm sounding like a broken record here but for me they peaked in '95 with 'The Sky Moves Sideways' - I'd say it's up there with 'Moving Pictures' by Rush.

Quote:

I've been moving backwards one album at a time, so I'll get there soon. How early do you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back