Getting into HRAudio- ONN X series
Jan 8, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #16 of 47
hi, when I start playing music files in SDcard, there's several seconds of delay. And still, also playing files in Sd card, there happens some kinds of short pause or also something like delay in reading files. Does anybody have problems like this? 

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 47
Actually, my player doesn't even play from the sd card, I choose the file, and after that the player stops on the screen and turns off after a while, I belive the update would fix this problem, however, until now, I failed to succeed with the update...so if you can install the new update on your player, I believe it will work!

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 47
  Actually, my player doesn't even play from the sd card, I choose the file, and after that the player stops on the screen and turns off after a while, I belive the update would fix this problem, however, until now, I failed to succeed with the update...so if you can install the new update on your player, I believe it will work!

That was how it did when i tried playing files from sc card before i updated the firmware and it was driving me crazy. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #19 of 47
So, I managed to istall the firmware, and everything works fine now, it opens the file from the sd card without problem, however, it wont continue the playback, after switched on and off again.

I will write down the instructions how it worked for me.

You need a windows 7 computer.
Download the file from their site.
Note that, you must unpack the folder to a local hard disc or ssd drive, wont work from pendrive.
install the driver, it took like 3-4 security warnings, but finally installed.
open the factory tool.
Set the language to english, this is the 4th button on the top, and the second choice.
After this choose the firmware button and select the .img file from the folder.
After this click run on the computer.
Turn off your player.
Keep holding the M key on your player and connect it to your computer switched off, but keep holding the M key.
After you see Check firmware (...%) you can release the M key.
After a few seconds you should see on the bottom right box a sign saying success.

Hope this helps for you!

After this the player starts the files from the SD card.

The sound by the way is quite awesome to me, and the player feels nice in the hand, planning on doing a little review after a bit of usage....

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #20 of 47
Does anybody know or use Onn X6?
I own onn x5 and get interested in X6.
It's hard to find any information about it. I am satisfied with the sound of x5, but there are some inconvenience in using it : sd card, tuning off and on, i have to explore from root folder again...
I am wondering if x6 still has those issues or not.
Thanks in advance.  

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #26 of 47
Actually onn x6 has the same hardware as x5, but with speaker, therefor it costs more. If you are willing to pay more, i believe you be better off with a fiio x1. I own the onn x5 it plays decently, very nice quality, but it lacks some options I would require, for instance a balance setting, reading the tags etc...

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #27 of 47
hi, i purchased an oo x5 on amazon, tomorrow ill get it...meanwhile i downloaded the firmware update but i cant install the driver, it says error (i use windows 10), i hope you can help me..thanks;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back