Getting into HRAudio- ONN X series
Feb 22, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #33 of 47
I'm about to buy this, but first one quick question. Wat does the bottom slider on/off switch located near the headphone socket actually do? I noticed a second on/off switch near the lcd screen, and saw a guy use this button to turn the DAP on, so this begs the question.. what does the other slider on/off switch do?

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 47
  I'm about to buy this, but first one quick question. Wat does the bottom slider on/off switch located near the headphone socket actually do? I noticed a second on/off switch near the lcd screen, and saw a guy use this button to turn the DAP on, so this begs the question.. what does the other slider on/off switch do?

I dont have the player handy at the moment. From what I remember

- If the slider switch is in the off state, you cannot use the on/off switch near the LCD screen.
- When you shift the slider to ON, the player gets turns on and you can switch it off by the long press of on/off switch near the LCD screen.
- So after the above step, the slider switch is ON and your player is turned off. If you long press the on/off switch(near LCD) again the player powers up to the last played song/screen

This is almost how it works.

I was going to buy Xduoo X3 when I saw this listed in amazon for a cheap price and went for it. The SQ is good and its pocketable. But the UI experience is not that nice and you need a Windows 7 machine for the firmware update. The updates wont work in Windows 8/10. The firmware which I have in my player wont read the external microsd card.  Even though it's pocketable, I find it hard to operate the player when it's in my pocket. If the screen is off and if I want to change the track, I have to press the skip button twice or thrice. The skip buttons are used to adjust the volume as well. I would say the overall experience is not that good. Maybe the future firmware updates can fix some of the issues. But as I dont have a Win7 machhine, I am stuck,.

Hope this helps.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #35 of 47

I dont have the player handy at the moment. From what I remember

- If the slider switch is in the off state, you cannot use the on/off switch near the LCD screen.
- When you shift the slider to ON, the player gets turns on and you can switch it off by the long press of on/off switch near the LCD screen.
- So after the above step, the slider switch is ON and your player is turned off. If you long press the on/off switch(near LCD) again the player powers up to the last played song/screen

This is almost how it works.

I was going to buy Xduoo X3 when I saw this listed in amazon for a cheap price and went for it. The SQ is good and its pocketable. But the UI experience is not that nice and you need a Windows 7 machine for the firmware update. The updates wont work in Windows 8/10. The firmware which I have in my player wont read the external microsd card.  Even though it's pocketable, I find it hard to operate the player when it's in my pocket. If the screen is off and if I want to change the track, I have to press the skip button twice or thrice. The skip buttons are used to adjust the volume as well. I would say the overall experience is not that good. Maybe the future firmware updates can fix some of the issues. But as I dont have a Win7 machhine, I am stuck,.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that does help heaps. So it's more of a lock button lol, double on buttons lmao <sigh>. I was hoping it maybe toggled the eq on or off or something. I'm kinda looking for a more gym friendly DAP that doesn't break the budget (I mean I have heaps already lol, I just like to add more to my collection). Will prolly pass on this.
Cheers,

Bruce

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #36 of 47

Thanks, that does help heaps. So it's more of a lock button lol, double on buttons lmao <sigh>. I was hoping it maybe toggled the eq on or off or something. I'm kinda looking for a more gym friendly DAP that doesn't break the budget (I mean I have heaps already lol, I just like to add more to my collection). Will prolly pass on this.
Cheers,

Bruce

Glad it helped Bruce. Sorry, off topic - Are you aware of Hippo's new player hippo Mu, I think it's in the same price range. Dont know whether it's released. You can see some info here

http://inearspace.com/2015/09/01/straight-outta-singapore-new-stuff-from-jaben-pendulumic/

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #37 of 47

Glad it helped Bruce. Sorry, off topic - Are you aware of Hippo's new player hippo Mu, I think it's in the same price range. Dont know whether it's released. You can see some info here

http://inearspace.com/2015/09/01/straight-outta-singapore-new-stuff-from-jaben-pendulumic/

:O

How the hell do u find this stuff, I searched for 'new Hippo Biscuit' about an hour before you posted this and came up empty lol. Nice find.

The Hippo Biscuit+ was one of the most disappointing DAPs I have ever owned, because it came so close to being a really really great device! I'm actually starting to suspect mine is defective as it made little sense in terms of operation. Bar none it had the worst shuffle feature I had ever come across, either repeating songs very frequently (from a large collection), hell bent on going back to that one particular track, sometimes stuck between two certain tracks in a loop, playback errors, inability to play the next track, and the actual shuffle button seemed redundant as when you took it out of shuffle it still didn't play tracks in the right order (not by id3 tag OR filename... honestly I couldn't figure out what logic approach it was using to decide default playing order!).

This one looks interesting, tho does look quite a bit chunkier than I was hoping for. Still price wise it's in the right spot for me, so I'll guess I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Cheers for that!

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #38 of 47

:O

How the hell do u find this stuff, I searched for 'new Hippo Biscuit' about an hour before you posted this and came up empty lol. Nice find.

The Hippo Biscuit+ was one of the most disappointing DAPs I have ever owned, because it came so close to being a really really great device! I'm actually starting to suspect mine is defective as it made little sense in terms of operation. Bar none it had the worst shuffle feature I had ever come across, either repeating songs very frequently (from a large collection), hell bent on going back to that one particular track, sometimes stuck between two certain tracks in a loop, playback errors, inability to play the next track, and the actual shuffle button seemed redundant as when you took it out of shuffle it still didn't play tracks in the right order (not by id3 tag OR filename... honestly I couldn't figure out what logic approach it was using to decide default playing order!).

This one looks interesting, tho does look quite a bit chunkier than I was hoping for. Still price wise it's in the right spot for me, so I'll guess I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Cheers for that!

I remember your review on Biscuit+. I was tempted to buy that player(loved the looks)along with Hippo VB and decided against it for some reason. Bought  the VB though. Happy that I didnt buy biscuit+..

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #39 of 47

I remember your review on Biscuit+. I was tempted to buy that player(loved the looks)along with Hippo VB and decided against it for some reason. Bought  the VB though. Happy that I didnt buy biscuit+..

Ah k... like i said, could well have been my unit that's faulty, I mean I only tested mine, be a shame if the device is actually working fine for others lol, it just seems to be a bit of a ghost town when talking about the Hippo Biscuit around here.

This Hippo Mu seems to be a Xduoo X2 clone.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #40 of 47
Planning to buy ONN X5. Anyone knows which DAC chip does it have? Only reason I ask, is that my original Samsung Galaxy S had Wolfson chip and that sounded much better than any of my flagship Smartphones thereafter. So, I'll be glad if it has Wolfson chip.

On the other hand... based on your reviews, is the sound a great improvement (I'll use it with Beyer DT1350) over most Smartphones (I have Nexus 6), and so I should not worry about the DAC chip?

thanks in advance...

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #41 of 47
The voice is decent, but the lack of feature in it's os (like balance for chepish earphones, or a decent eq) can be annoying. However if you have a decent pair of headsets it sounds quity nice.
I would say that the sound signal is rather straight, perharps a bit of emphasis on the middle frequencies.
I listened to it with a ttpod t1s, and a kz zs1, and also a jvc ha rx700, now with a full sized headphone it sounded very well, but on the in ears the sound wasn't as nice.
I believe the sound quality is on par (in some aspects weeker, in some better) with my rockboxed sansa clip +, so you really get what you pay for.

The looks and feel are really great, and it is a quality piece of kit, so I think it is a step from standard phones with low quality mp3-s, again, the point I bought it was the fact that it can play 24/192 lossless, and it does that well.

If you have the money, and don't wan't to spend too much on a player than it obviously beats similar priced samsung/sony/etc. devices, but I think to get in the serieous hifi player category you would have to pay at least triple the price, having said that, I don't think a fiio x1 is better by far in terms of quality, and it's nearly double the price.

So the bottom line: if you don't wan't to spend a lot more money, I think it is a fair competition to any daily players, with a hint of hifiness to it, and an attractive/quality look for the price.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #42 of 47
Recently bought ONN x5.. Happy so far. One question though. I need a left right balance control. Anyone know, if ONN plans to add that via future firmware upgrades? If not, any <100 USD player that has L/R balance control?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

May 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #43 of 47
May 8, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #44 of 47
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #45 of 47
Hello,
I buy onn x6 from someone, but the firmware is still old version, so i can't play music fron sd card. I try to download firmware from onn website but i cant download it from baidu. Please send thw firmware to my email : shalayusuf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back