getting flak for getting hd595, ad700, m50 and not bose or beats
Dec 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #16 of 31
My favorite quote from Pablo Escobar was "There are two hundred million idiots, manipulated by a million intelligent men."

People believe what they are fed. This is true with just about everything in this world. The correct approach I learned a while ago.

1. Smile and Nod.
2. Keep on keeping on.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #17 of 31
Good luck trying to convince anybody. My room mate is getting HD650's only because of their bass slam and impact. He doesn't even understand the concept of sound staging and imaging yet. I don't think anyway, that he could anywhere near gauge what one headphone had versus another.

That said...

The M50's CLEARLY go deeper. Perhaps not as loud at upper to mid bass, but STILL, this should be evidence enough that you get more bass quality and depth. That said, is that around 80hz where you are dipping down? Wouldn't the doubling effect basically hurt the bass quality of the M50's in that region as opposed to the beats? Wouldn't the beats have better quality in that range?

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
Who started it? If it was you, then you shouldn't have done that. Just leave them be and listen to your music. If it was the other way around, then I'd probably say "let me guess, you believe everything the commercials and ads tell you as you would believe everything the media and government tells you?"
wink_face.gif
"But hey since you're doing those companies a huge favor by buying their products and helping their bottom line (by a lot), I suggest you keep buying their products so you can at least keep people employed!"

this is what happens. They see the add and feel the need to comment about those are so much better than the ones I bought. I don't pay it any mind until that commercial shows up 3 more times in in one show and they feel the need to back it up and watch the commercial again and again commenting each time about how much better those are than what I bought despite the fact that no one has listened to those specifically except me and I don't like the sound quality. I stated ONE TIME and one time only that they did not sound that good after they watched the commercial for the umpteenth time just because they felt the need to tell me that I made a bad purchase.

not to mention i get called in by my dad once a week or more away from my computer just to watch the commercial some more and hear him say "now there's some good headphones! Not like the ones you got!"

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 31

Quote:
 I don't pay it any mind until that commercial shows up 3 more times in in one show and they feel the need to back it up and watch the commercial again and again commenting each time about how much better those are than what I bought despite the fact that no one has listened to those specifically except me and I don't like the sound quality.
[...]
not to mention i get called in by my dad once a week or more away from my computer just to watch the commercial some more and hear him say "now there's some good headphones! Not like the ones you got!"

Your parents need psychiatric assistance... or they just want to make you regret your purchase.
You could buy these silly Bose, and watch their reaction (most likely they would still annoy you).

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 31

Quote:
Your parents need psychiatric assistance... or they just want to make you regret your purchase.
You could buy these silly Bose, and watch their reaction (most likely they would still annoy you).

it is mostly just one person(my dad) but no one in the house seems to think I made a good purchase! My brother has hijacked my ad700s and won't give them back and STILL feels the need to say that they are not as good as beats and they lack bass and they have tinny highs, and only the last 2 happen to be true. If he likes bass so much why doesn't he use my m50s someone may ask, well he doesn't know about them yet and no one does but I bought them just to shut up at least one person but my dad can not seem to understand any of it because he refuses to even try them.

my favorite quote "I don't care how those sound I am just saying that these will sound much better because these are Bose" and another one "If I was going to spend that kind of money on headphones I would get some good ones like those(pointing to the Bose commercial)"

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 31

Quote:

it is mostly just one person(my dad) but no one in the house seems to think I made a good purchase! My brother has hijacked my ad700s and won't give them back and STILL feels the need to say that they are not as good as beats and they lack bass and they have tinny highs, and only the last 2 happen to be true. If he likes bass so much why doesn't he use my m50s someone may ask, well he doesn't know about them yet and no one does but I bought them just to shut up at least one person but my dad can not seem to understand any of it because he refuses to even try them.

Could you still live in the house without caring of what they think, or do you have to leave it ?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 31
Get over it. You can't help the situation and arguing the case is going around in circles.
Just say I'm happy with what I bought and be done with it.

PS: If my brother said a snarky comment like that, I'd take them off him in a heartbeat and say, "well too bad, you can go buy your own headphones"

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #24 of 31

Quote:
Get over it. You can't help the situation and arguing the case is going around in circles.
Just say I'm happy with what I bought and be done with it.

PS: If my brother said a snarky comment like that, I'd take them off him in a heartbeat and say, "well too bad, you can go buy your own headphones"

I have done that quite a few times but he wakes up before me.

Also, I don't argue the case, he just brings it up a lot, and I say nothing, and he brings it up again the next chance he gets

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #25 of 31
From everything you're saying, to me it seems clear that this isn't really about headphones and your family are trying to wind you up for some reason.
I'd respond in jest if I were you. If my Dad mentioned the Beats incessantly, I'd just respond with "Oooh! Do I hear an early Christmas present coming?". If my sister said anything I'd just say "your face is a headphone" or something equally stupid/banal.
They'd soon get bored.

Just don't become a zealot about these things. People will resent you for it.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #26 of 31
Pretty much what theeye said. Alternatively borrow a pair of Sony MDR-XB700 from someone, lend them to your brother and tell him they're 1/3 the price of beats and that he's not really good with making smart evaluations in general.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #27 of 31

Quote:
From everything you're saying, to me it seems clear that this isn't really about headphones and your family are trying to wind you up for some reason.
I'd respond in jest if I were you. If my Dad mentioned the Beats incessantly, I'd just respond with "Oooh! Do I hear an early Christmas present coming?". If my sister said anything I'd just say "your face is a headphone" or something equally stupid/banal.
They'd soon get bored.
Just don't become a zealot about these things. People will resent you for it.

This.  Actually, it sounds like something my family would do - we all have a bit of a dry sense of humor and tend to take jokes just a little too far.  Best way of dealing with it is to ignore it completely or fire back with your own jokes.  Lighten up a bit and see if it helps.

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #28 of 31
I was thinking also that your family probably don't care of how your headphone sound, but are perhaps frustrated because it doesn't look prestigious when you wear them. A story of "social status". Try to get something that looks very expensive (but that isn't necessarily) , or have  some easy recognition then
devil_face.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #29 of 31
Gotta give Bose credit the are getting value for their advertising dollar. I swear if you asked 100 people to name a headphone 90 of them would say Bose. Then there is the patented wave guide, or in other words toilet paper roll.

Monster seems to be getting their money's worth out of Dr. Dre too.

Disclosure: I actually own a pair os Tours and Bose QC3's. The QC's were good for the noise canceling while traveling or in high noise environments and that's what they were bought for, prefer the Sennheiser MM450's now for those situation. The Tours well I had to try them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #30 of 31

Quote:
I was thinking also that your family probably don't care of how your headphone sound, but are perhaps frustrated because it doesn't look prestigious when you wear them. A story of "social status". Try to get something that looks very expensive (but that isn't necessarily) , or have  some easy recognition then
devil_face.gif

this is exactly the problem. That is exactly the solution. what are some good ones that have easy recognition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back