Getting another PSP, game suggestions?
Mar 27, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really only for fans. Not a bad game by any means, just nothing special once you take out the FF-ness. The characters are stereotypical and the battle system is a poor man's Kingdom Hearts. I'm in the third chapter, and it's already begun to get repetitive.

Also, I'd recommend against MGS: Portable Ops unless you plan on playing online. The single-player is really bad until the last leg. Repetitive filler plagues 80% of the game.

Yea, I was hoping that it would be FF7 world but actually improve upon things with a new battle system and a further story. Thats exactly what I was afraid of. Dang.

And in terms of online play.... I love my DS and have a few games that I play online occasionally, but I think that really works against the point of a portable system. Not that I dont love pulling out my DS at the coffee shop and playing some mario kart online, but if Im at school or on the train or something, Im doing singleplayer, I have to. ANd if I'm at home, I have a Wii, 360 and a PC. Online in a handheld is at most a cool feature to play with on occasion and at worst a drain on developers resources

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #17 of 33
Kirosia, i read the review of FFCC on EGM, and they thought they were goin into a ****hole with the game because it was button mashing and blah blah, but they said that when they got further into the game, the battle system develops rather nicely. and they love the new materia system as well (though i think nothing could be as good as the og ff7 materia setup haha)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Playstation Portable Review Index, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core PSP Reviews

not the official egm review, but a good read nonetheless.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia, i read the review of FFCC on EGM, and they thought they were goin into a ****hole with the game because it was button mashing and blah blah, but they said that when they got further into the game, the battle system develops rather nicely. and they love the new materia system as well (though i think nothing could be as good as the og ff7 materia setup haha)

I should note that I play on Hard Mode, normal is way too easy. (Which is probably why the game can get away with poor mechanics)

I already read the review, and I agree on most parts. I haven't gotten far enough to use Materia Fusion, but the battle system is getting on my nerves. The DMW is more or less random, kicking in whenever it damn well feels like. The poor camera and "invisible walls" during combat have killed me more times than they should. And the fact that you can't skip cut scenes (other than in-battle summon attacks) makes things excruciating.

I like the game, but it really is for the FF7 fanatics. Kinda like the recent Zeldas, if you were to put it under a different IP the game would probably get worse reviews. At least it ain't as bad as Dirge of Cerberus *shutters*.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 33
Pretty much every game I own and like has been mentioned. I just got a copy GOW yesterday and it looks pretty cool from the 10 minutes I spent with it. Tekken is also one of my favs because of the ability to start it up and jump right into the action. Great way to relieve stress at work!

If you have a PS3, the PSP becomes a fantastic way to get to your media files via wireless using Remote Play.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #20 of 33
Yea, I'll have to pick up GOW sometime soon. A ps3 would be nice, but $400 is beyond my means, what with planning a wedding and such. So now I cant decide, I dont love the FF universe, I like it. And I can get kind of picky with glitches, sooo....

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #21 of 33
i guess i'm one of the few that really enjoyed FF7:CC
confused.gif

Socom definitely if you like shooters, fl0w is pretty fun, oh and of course god of war

you might consider downgrading your psp firmware and running a custom version. doing so lets you do fun stuff like streaming internet radio. lets you run games from a mem. stick as well, which increases your battery life dramatically.

Psp Downgrade on Squidoo

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 33
Im totally addicted to the Burnout series. Brilliant games.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by denden88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess i'm one of the few that really enjoyed FF7:CC
confused.gif

Socom definitely if you like shooters, fl0w is pretty fun, oh and of course god of war

you might consider downgrading your psp firmware and running a custom version. doing so lets you do fun stuff like streaming internet radio. lets you run games from a mem. stick as well, which increases your battery life dramatically.

Psp Downgrade on Squidoo

Well I enjoy FF, so I'll probably pick it up. Also, is there any detriment to having a custom firmware? Are there features that I'll miss? Can I not play online, or play the downloaded games or PS1 games from the PSN store?

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I enjoy FF, so I'll probably pick it up. Also, is there any detriment to having a custom firmware? Are there features that I'll miss? Can I not play online, or play the downloaded games or PS1 games from the PSN store?

You can't play "official demos", but you can usually get a custom firmware-friendly version online somewhere. I'm on CW M33 3.72 and and I purchased Beats (crap), which worked fine.

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #26 of 33
i really want a psp. mostly cuz i had an idea to make it bamazing. i read somewhere about a hack for it that lets it run windows, so if you used an emulator on the windows and had a rom of ff7, you could play the real ff7 on the psp. baaaaallin

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

i really want a psp. mostly cuz i had an idea to make it bamazing. i read somewhere about a hack for it that lets it run windows, so if you used an emulator on the windows and had a rom of ff7, you could play the real ff7 on the psp. baaaaallin

I actually used my PSP to hack into the future, I'm playing FF7-2: Aeris' Revenge this very moment.

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Or you could have a custom firmware and just use a PSX emulator thats written for it. That would be way easier. I mean, you can download PSX games from the PSN anyways

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Or you could have a custom firmware and just use a PSX emulator thats written for it. That would be way easier. I mean, you can download PSX games from the PSN anyways

I think (by his use of grammar) that he was joking. Also, I believe FF7 doesn't work 100% on the PSP.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Whoa. A PSP user HAS to have custom firmware, it is absurd to not get it and wouldn't be detrimental to the PSP in any way. You can play almost every PSX game with few or minor glitches (FF7 works with no problems).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back