Getting another PSP, game suggestions?
Mar 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

RedLeader

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, getting a PSP slim for the old birthday and I'm looking for some suggestions of games I have missed in the last couple years since I last had one. I'm looking at picking up:

Lumines 2
FF7 : Crisis Core
Castlevania
Killzone
Wipeout Pulse
Patapon
N+
God of War
Monster Hunter
flOw
Syphon Filter
Tekken
Ratchet & Clank
Echocrome
R-type Command

Am I missing any that I need to check out? Specifically awesome puzzle games, shmups or shooters? Keep in mind I already own a DS

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daxter
Crush (puzzle)
Exit 1 & 2(puzzle)

I forgot Daxter, but I've never heard of the other 2, I'll check them out. I also found

Every Extend Extra
Rainbow Six: Vegas
FF1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Slug Anthology
Star Trek: Tactical Assault

I think theres enough games there to keep me busy until the PSP2 comes out at least. Any other gems?

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 33
Must say God Of War. One of the greatest game for PSP out there.
I daresay don't buy the FF1&2 unless you want to live in the past. Metal gear solid portable ops is a great choice for a shooting game too.

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 33
Silent Hill Origins is pretty good, though it's more of a "basher".

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 33
x3 on MGS: Portable Ops
GRAW2 is another good one to play.

flOw gets boring after a while, though. Especially if it's single-player, like on the PC.
However, on the PS3, you get to compete with someone to eat the cells (you can actually eat the other person too xD); makes it much more fun.

Mar 27, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gitaroo Man

Gitaroo Man is the strangest game ever (on the PS2, at least)... It has flashing lights in the background and can practically give you seizures. xD

Dynasty Warriors
Medal of Honor

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DON'T GET CRISIS CORE! Horrible game, don't let the reviews fool you into it.

Uhoh! What's wrong with it? I've read a few reviews and was going to pick it up partially because.... well its FF7 world. I won't though, until you tell me what the deal is.

And fl0w I think is just local psp multiplayer, and not wifi. I've read that too, I might just pick it up because its a $9 downloadable title that I can play to relax before bed, it seems like it might lend itself to that.

Does the socom series, GRAW and medal of honour really translate that well? I didn't include them because I'm worried about the controls. Though I did see GRAW2 for like $5 at microplay, maybe I'll grab it and see for myself when my PSP shows up.

As for guilty gear, I'll be picking that up for sure, one of the first ones on my list, I cant believe I forgot it. Why the japanese version though, what's different in it?

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #14 of 33
games i think look the best for the system
final fantasy 7 CC
God of War
Grand Theft Auto

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhoh! What's wrong with it? I've read a few reviews and was going to pick it up partially because.... well its FF7 world. I won't though, until you tell me what the deal is.

It's really only for fans. Not a bad game by any means, just nothing special once you take out the FF-ness. The characters are stereotypical and the battle system is a poor man's Kingdom Hearts. I'm in the third chapter, and it's already begun to get repetitive.

Quote:

Does the socom series, GRAW and medal of honour really translate that well? I didn't include them because I'm worried about the controls. Though I did see GRAW2 for like $5 at microplay, maybe I'll grab it and see for myself when my PSP shows up.

The lack of a second analog nub and fewer shoulder buttons makes FPS titles really difficult play, especially in multi-player. (Cause of the frantic response needed)

Quote:

Why the japanese version though, what's different in it?

The japanese one includes a port of Gulity Gear Slash, instead of Reloaded. It has two new characters and more moves. BTW, the Judgement portion sucks really, really bad.

Also, I'd recommend against MGS: Portable Ops unless you plan on playing online. The single-player is really bad until the last leg. Repetitive filler plagues 80% of the game.

God of war is probably the best action game on the PSP, but it's really GOW: Lite. And damn, is it short. (Five hours or less)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back