Get HYPED for Vision Ears' NEW FLAGSHIP releases!
Aug 26, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #181 of 187
Hey guys, I’m a bit late to the party. Looking to take the plunge and get a high end IEM. I have the JH Lola universal and I’ve heard great things about the Elysium and EXT.

I’m considering Odin, Sultan, the U12t, Khan, Elysium, and EXT

I haven’t gotten ear impressions made yet so I’ll probably get universals. I figure I can reshell later

I love classical, female vocals, guitar, blues, electronic/dubstep, Pink Floyd. I’m not into metal, hip hop, heavy bass, or hard rock really.

Unfortunately I kind of live in the middle of nowhere and don’t have a good place to audition any of these.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #182 of 187
Hey guys, I’m a bit late to the party. Looking to take the plunge and get a high end IEM. I have the JH Lola universal and I’ve heard great things about the Elysium and EXT.

I’m considering Odin, Sultan, the U12t, Khan, Elysium, and EXT

I haven’t gotten ear impressions made yet so I’ll probably get universals. I figure I can reshell later

I love classical, female vocals, guitar, blues, electronic/dubstep, Pink Floyd. I’m not into metal, hip hop, heavy bass, or hard rock really.

Unfortunately I kind of live in the middle of nowhere and don’t have a good place to audition any of these.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!
I listen to the same style of music as you do. Heard Odin, U12t. Had Elysium and EXT for a long time. I would recommend EXT, if you like an impressive perfect but the same time still very musical sound. Odin and U12t sounded a bit (sorry) "boring" to me. But if voices in your perception have to show timbre and really drag you into the music, it has to be MEST Indigo. It is sometimes not as impressive as EXT, but good enough to have beaten the others mentioned and the musicality is a little step up. With a little heavyness in my chest, just a few days ago I sold my EXT, since I only want to own one set of TOTL IEMs. Let's see how long that plan lasts ...
Elysium do have some weakness in the bass are, even for non bass heads like me. In the end for classical music, it was not enough for me.
Anyways, these are my 2 cents. Good luck!

Added: The more I listen, the more I find the synergy between DAP and IEM to be important. M9 / EXT was a great combo, but WM1Z / EXT or P6 Pro / EXT did not work. On the other hand WM1Z / Indigo is great, but M9 / Indigo is not as good. P6 Pro and FiiO FA9 were a perfect fun combination for all kinds of Pop and Latin. So much power! You have to try ...

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #183 of 187
I listen to the same style of music as you do. Heard Odin, U12t. Had Elysium and EXT for a long time. I would recommend EXT, if you like an impressive perfect but the same time still very musical sound. Odin and U12t sounded a bit (sorry) "boring" to me. But if voices in your perception have to show timbre and really drag you into the music, it has to be MEST Indigo. It is sometimes not as impressive as EXT, but good enough to have beaten the others mentioned and the musicality is a little step up. With a little heavyness in my chest, just a few days ago I sold my EXT, since I only want to own one set of TOTL IEMs. Let's see how long that plan lasts ...
Elysium do have some weakness in the bass are, even for non bass heads like me. In the end for classical music, it was not enough for me.
Anyways, these are my 2 cents. Good luck!

Added: The more I listen, the more I find the synergy between DAP and IEM to be important. M9 / EXT was a great combo, but WM1Z / EXT or P6 Pro / EXT did not work. On the other hand WM1Z / Indigo is great, but M9 / Indigo is not as good. P6 Pro and FiiO FA9 were a perfect fun combination for all kinds of Pop and Latin. So much power! You have to try ...
Thank you my friend! I’m going to give the MEST Indigo a try! I’m also of the opinion that there is no reason for me to own more than one pair of TOTL IEMs if I like one better than the other.

I’m rather new to the hobby and I haven’t bought a high end DAP to replace my R6 Pro that died

Do you think my iFi gryphon would make the Indigo sound great? I stream Tidal, Qobuz, as well as FLACs and DSDs from my NAS.

Thanks again!

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #184 of 187
On the iFi gryphon I cannot really comment, but I loved the Indigo on any player that I have tried so far. But as usual, this is a personal preference. I am very much into this "musicality" aspect and don't care so much about "technicalities". On the musicality aspect, I haven't heard anything better yet. On the technicalities there is nothing to complain about, but there are others doing one or the other aspect "better".

Aug 29, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #185 of 187
Thank you my friend! I’m going to give the MEST Indigo a try! I’m also of the opinion that there is no reason for me to own more than one pair of TOTL IEMs if I like one better than the other.

I’m rather new to the hobby and I haven’t bought a high end DAP to replace my R6 Pro that died

Do you think my iFi gryphon would make the Indigo sound great? I stream Tidal, Qobuz, as well as FLACs and DSDs from my NAS.

Thanks again!
Gryphon is very versatile in that it has some hardware tuning tweaks that EQ cannot achieve. I honestly dont miss my sp2000 once i replaced it.
Its not in the same league with the likes of n8ii but for the price is silly good.

You can make most of iems a bass cannon with xbass. Of you can throw in boost in upper mids range if that is what your iem requires.

Mest mkii + gryphon is silly good combo tonally for instance. Though EXT did not work very well, as Gryphon is on a warmer side. But i can see indigo working with it potentially as it is not as warm as EXT. I just sold it before buying Gryphon so did not get a chance to test it.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #186 of 187
Hey guys, I don’t know it is right place to write but I couldn’t find a dedicated thread. I thought there might be some fellows who interested in. Vision Ears offers all black limited edition in honour of Dutch audio Event. It can be ordered from the dealer in Amsterdam. It might be ordered somewhere else but this is the only one that I’ve found.

https://www.headphoneauditions.nl/product/vision-ears-phonix-all-black-ltd/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back