Get a o2+ odac? or stick to my soundcard.
Jan 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aerathion

100+ Head-Fier
So I am interested in buying a o2+odac.

Would I see an improvement over the Xonar phoebus?
Would I lose all of the surround sound? (is this just a gimmick?)

I am using the vmoda m100's

Thank you :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 7
  So I am interested in buying a O2+ODAC.
Would I see an improvement over the Xonar Phoebus?
Would I lose all of the surround sound? (is this just a gimmick?)
I am using the vmoda m100's
Thank you :)

Technically, the O2 headphone amplifier's low output impedance (>1-Ohm) is a little better then the Phoebus headphone amplifier's 10-Ohm impedance, for driving the 32-Ohm V-Moda M100 headphones.
The ODAC, being an external DAC would not be affected by any "electrical noise" that is inside the computer case.
A USB DAC (like the ODAC) bypasses any sound card (on-board or add-on) features, like Headphone surround sound.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 7
  Technically, the O2 headphone amplifier's low output impedance (>1-Ohm) is a little better then the Phoebus headphone amplifier's 10-Ohm impedance, for driving the 32-Ohm V-Moda M100 headphones.
The ODAC, being an external DAC would not be affected by any "electrical noise" that is inside the computer case.
A USB DAC (like the ODAC) bypasses any sound card (on-board or add-on) features, like Headphone surround sound.

Thank you, do you think headphone surround sound is a gimmick or not?
Also do you think it would make a difference in sound or would it be incredibly hard to tell?

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 7

Thank you, do you think headphone surround sound is a gimmick or not?
Also do you think it would make a difference in sound or would it be incredibly hard to tell?

I'm of the opinion (personal opinion) that headphone surround sound is not a gimmick.
Is this headphone surround sound for movies or gaming?

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 7

It is called dolby surround virtualizer :)
Does the odac have none of this surround ?

The ODAC offers zero surround sound features, is basically stereo audio.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 7
  The ODAC offers zero surround sound features, is basically stereo audio.

Ok thank you :D
I think im just going to stick to my sound card then, it offers quite alot of features compared to the odac.

What I do understand though is that when you select headphones mode in games, thats around the same as surround

Users who are viewing this thread

Back