german maestro gmp8.35d and mb quart qp805
Jul 1, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dbi claims to put their own drivers in the pro 700/5. one is 35 ohms and one is 40 ohms. i have had both - still have the 700

hello ourfpshero.
so, dbi pro700 is 35ohm and pro705 is 40ohm? however, I have red somewhere dbi pro700 is 40ohm or even 300ohm i am confused.do you know which is which?
reason I am asking is that i am looking for a pair of phone which sound similiar to german maestro gmp 8.35d(35ohm).
mb quart qp805monitor(not qp805hs) is same as gmp 8.35d but mb quarts are hard to find .
also ,if you have tried gmp 8.35d ,mb quart qp805monitor, or qp805hs,how dbi phones compair to them?

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay So, what pads do you recommend?

Beyer leather earpads, DT770 velour pads (with the little holes at the back covered with tape).

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer leather earpads, DT770 velour pads (with the little holes at the back covered with tape).

Some collaboration on differences between the stock pads and the DT770 velour pads?

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Some collaboration on differences between the stock pads and the DT770 velour pads?

With the stock pads, the GMP250 sounded a bit "cheapish" and too bright, despite the loud bass.
With the velour pads it was instantly: 'yes, this is what I like'. I guess the sound is fuller, more body and weight, more toe-tapping, more natural and balanced.
But these DT770 velour were used and already a bit flat. And coming from a DT770 pro.
Before these, I tried new DT770 velour earpads, and they didn't sound good to me. Too much bass, thin mids.
Maybe there's a difference between DT770 pro and the DT770 consumer earpads that can be bought as a spare part. I don't know.
Or it is because my current earpads are flatter, which makes them sound better.
It's indeed hit and miss with pad rolling.
With the Beyer Aviation leather pads, the sound is also rather good, but the velour pads are more comfortable because of my glasses.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cola8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello ourfpshero.
so, dbi pro700 is 35ohm and pro705 is 40ohm? however, I have red somewhere dbi pro700 is 40ohm or even 300ohm i am confused.do you know which is which?
reason I am asking is that i am looking for a pair of phone which sound similiar to german maestro gmp 8.35d(35ohm).
mb quart qp805monitor(not qp805hs) is same as gmp 8.35d but mb quarts are hard to find .
also ,if you have tried gmp 8.35d ,mb quart qp805monitor, or qp805hs,how dbi phones compair to them?

they are 35 and 40 ohm. got that straight from dbi in an email. i have no idea if they sound like mb quart drivers. the only one i have had is a 55x, which is an open can

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

they are 35 and 40 ohm. got that straight from dbi in an email. i have no idea if they sound like mb quart drivers. the only one i have had is a 55x, which is an open can

thanks ourfpshero

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Maybe you can ask them about the specs of the drivers?

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

With the stock pads, the GMP250 sounded a bit "cheapish" and too bright, despite the loud bass.
With the velour pads it was instantly: 'yes, this is what I like'. I guess the sound is fuller, more body and weight, more toe-tapping, more natural and balanced.
But these DT770 velour were used and already a bit flat. And coming from a DT770 pro.
Before these, I tried new DT770 velour earpads, and they didn't sound good to me. Too much bass, thin mids.
Maybe there's a difference between DT770 pro and the DT770 consumer earpads that can be bought as a spare part. I don't know.
Or it is because my current earpads are flatter, which makes them sound better.
It's indeed hit and miss with pad rolling.
With the Beyer Aviation leather pads, the sound is also rather good, but the velour pads are more comfortable because of my glasses.

Thanks for your impression, I'll try to get a pair, do they come with the some damping material in side?

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #24 of 28
The damping inside the QP805HS at least is two discs of foam, layered, with a smaller disc of thin material on the middle of one of the layers of foam. I imagine that there is scope for improvement, although the small amount of ad hoc experimentation that I did (with variations of felt and blutack) didn't elicit a noticeable improvement.

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The damping inside the QP805HS at least is two discs of foam, layered, with a smaller disc of thin material on the middle of one of the layers of foam. I imagine that there is scope for improvement, although the small amount of ad hoc experimentation that I did (with variations of felt and blutack) didn't elicit a noticeable improvement.

Some photos will be nice...

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Thanks for your impression, I'll try to get a pair, do they come with the some damping material in side?

The earpads come with the usual foam rings to cover the drivers.

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

The earpads come with the usual foam rings to cover the drivers.

That's what I was hoping for.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back