German Maestro EU loan program
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #16 of 83
I don't believe it! I thought the list would be full by now.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #17 of 83
Well Thomas from Maestro has been very kind and despatched the GM maestro 400 today, so I'll have it sometime next week.
Great service!

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 83
Hello all,

I received my GMP 400 this morning, very fast shipment indeed!

Great box, which included 3 extra sets of pads:
1.Synthetic Leather
2.Velvet
3.Soft Foil

The headphones look great, well made, classic.

I hooked them up to my MacBook Pro=>Beresford TC-7520=>Graham Slee Novo+PSU and they sound very nice, detailed with good sound stage.

I'll revert with more details in the near future.

Thanks a lot Thomas and oqvist for this great program

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #19 of 83
Neat so they now allow ear pad switching on the older models as well? My GMP 400 was hard stitched
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 83
Yes they allow pad switching now, all pad are very well made.
The GMP 400 are light as a feather, very comfortable.

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 83
Now I am using the GMP 400 with:

MacBook Pro=>Buffalo 24 (Balanced)=>RudiStor NX-33(Balanced/SE)=>GMP 400 (SE).

The SQ is great! Bass is tight, mids and highs nice.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #22 of 83
Well these headphones shine with a good SS amp.
Tried them with a PRO10B-MKII fed by a NSD CD-Transport via a NSD DAC MKII (Direct I2S 24bit/192 KHZ).
Great soundstage, clarity, definition.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #23 of 83
Well today I decided to purchase these wonderful headphones, they are going to be my workhorse daily use headphones.

What I don't understand is why EU Head-fiers are not forthcoming to join this scheme to try some nice Maestro headphones without any commitment.

Thanks Thomas

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #24 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all,

I received my GMP 400 this morning, very fast shipment indeed!

Great box, which included 3 extra sets of pads:
1.Synthetic Leather
2.Velvet
3.Soft Foil

I'm thinking of buying just the pads... So I got some questions for you!

How is the build quality of the three? Comfort? Do they all seal well around your ears? How does sound change? (Does your ear fit into the synthetic leather pair?)

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #25 of 83
The pad quality is good.

The velvet and soft-foil pads seal around my ears.
The Synthetic leather sit over my ears, and don't fit into them.

I have only used the velvet ones which I find extremely comfortable.

Hope it helps!

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #26 of 83
Do the GMP 400 have these light grey ear pads by default still? I don´t have those in my possession but they look pretty identical to the other round velour pads I got.

build quality is for me about what I see on all other headphones like Ultrasone, beyer, Audio technica, sennheiser. Similar thickness on the velour pads. Maybe DX 1000 had some more luxury leather I loved the feel of it anyway.

As for comfort the pleather pads make your ears a bit hot. You may feel they stick a bit if you where them for longer periods. General purpose is if you really want to reduce bass quite a bit and make them more detailed overall
smily_headphones1.gif
As for seal all round earpads does seal around my ears for me. It´s the oval ones that doesn´t fully. The two different velourpads one have went holes and the other have no venting holes.

Can´t say exactly how they affect sound on the GMP 400 since I was never able to test that with the pair I got but I suspect they should behave similar in balance as changing earpads on the other models do.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #27 of 83
The GMP400 have black velvet pads.

The velour pads I am using don't have the vent holes but the spare ones do.
I think the SQ will be affected, when I try the different pads I'll let you know.

I find the quality of the velour pads very good better than the leather ones.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #28 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GMP400 have black velvet pads.

The velour pads I am using don't have the vent holes but the spare ones do.
I think the SQ will be affected, when I try the different pads I'll let you know.

I find the quality of the velour pads very good better than the leather ones.

The velour pads with out the vent holes, are the most balanced on the GMP 435.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 83
Hello!

If they are available, I would like to try a headset like the GMP 9300D (I assume this one has the best sound quality). I prefer a condenser microphone. I tried a HMD280pro, did not like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

My equipment is a professional firewire soundcard with XLR mic inputs and 6.3mm headphone jack. I also have a balanced headphone amplifier.

BTW, I heard an OEM headphone (didn't see any brand name on it) that looked just like the rugged German Maestro ones at a CD store once - they used them at the CD spinners.

It was surprisingly smooth and way better than some low end AKG's that they also had there. And it was old and beat-up, that tough material that covered it was frayed in places.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since then I always wanted to try one of those for myself. I hope it's the same smooth full bodied sound, unlike the HMD280's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #30 of 83
eugenius, contact Thomas, he's really great and if he can I am sure he'll help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back