Georga Harrison "Brainwashed" box with guitar pick?
post-220226
Post #1 of 6

greenhorn

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
On amazon.com, the new George Harrison album, "Brainwashed", is advertised as being sold as a box with some bonus stuff, including a special guitar pick.

I bought the "Brainwashed" box in France, but there is no guitar pick inside. Moreover, not a word on a guitar pick on the sticker which accurately describes all the other bonus items which were inside the box (DVD, poster, round "Dark Horse" sticker).

Will anyone having bought the US released "Brainwashed" box be so kind as to tell me whether there really is a guitar pick inside?

It might be possible that the guitar pick was put only in the US releases - as opposed to European releases???

Thanks a lot!

post-220385
Post #2 of 6

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
it would be a surprise to me if it were a US thing only, UK and Euro releases are usually more elaborate and overall cooler than the stuff we get over here.

post-220411
Post #3 of 6

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Reaction score
I just tracked my order and should receive this set tomorrow. I'll let you know if it contains the pick.

edit: I really don't care about the guitar pick at all...but how's the music on this release? I've heard some great things about it.

post-221058
Post #4 of 6

greenhorn

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
[how's the music on this release?

Simply SUPERB.

Well, there is a taste of "déjà vu"... maybe a bit too pronounced... but it is a beautiful album.

It is not, anyway, a *revelation*; I have to confess that I expected more after a 15 years silence. But his guitar is there, his subtle voice too, and this makes the whole thing superb.

My preferences (so far): "Marwa Blues" (a FANTASTIC instrumental track) and "Brainwashed".

post-221287
Post #5 of 6

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Reaction score
Ok, greenhorn...I got a knock on the door and it was the UPS man with some packages. I opened the "Brainwashed" box first...and yes. The guitar pick is there (big deal
)

The packaging is wonderful and the first couple of songs I've heard are vintage George Harrison.

You do realize that Jeff Lynne (ELO, Traveling Willburys) spent an extraordinary amount of time working with George as a producer on this package. One article I read said that he also spent a year mixing the final product.

A very fitting posthumous recording for those who admired the "quiet Beatle".

post-222050
Post #6 of 6

greenhorn

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
RickG, how do you like it?

"Rising Sun"... mmmm... it grows on me...

Sounds a bit dylanesque...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)