Georga Harrison "Brainwashed" box with guitar pick?
Nov 20, 2002 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

greenhorn

Headphoneus Supremus
On amazon.com, the new George Harrison album, "Brainwashed", is advertised as being sold as a box with some bonus stuff, including a special guitar pick.

I bought the "Brainwashed" box in France, but there is no guitar pick inside. Moreover, not a word on a guitar pick on the sticker which accurately describes all the other bonus items which were inside the box (DVD, poster, round "Dark Horse" sticker).

Will anyone having bought the US released "Brainwashed" box be so kind as to tell me whether there really is a guitar pick inside?

It might be possible that the guitar pick was put only in the US releases - as opposed to European releases???

Thanks a lot!

Nov 20, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I just tracked my order and should receive this set tomorrow. I'll let you know if it contains the pick.

wink.gif

edit: I really don't care about the guitar pick at all...but how's the music on this release? I've heard some great things about it.

confused.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 6
[how's the music on this release?

Simply SUPERB.

Well, there is a taste of "déjà vu"... maybe a bit too pronounced... but it is a beautiful album.

It is not, anyway, a *revelation*; I have to confess that I expected more after a 15 years silence. But his guitar is there, his subtle voice too, and this makes the whole thing superb.

My preferences (so far): "Marwa Blues" (a FANTASTIC instrumental track) and "Brainwashed".

Nov 21, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Ok, greenhorn...I got a knock on the door and it was the UPS man with some packages. I opened the "Brainwashed" box first...and yes. The guitar pick is there (big deal
wink.gif
)

The packaging is wonderful and the first couple of songs I've heard are vintage George Harrison.

You do realize that Jeff Lynne (ELO, Traveling Willburys) spent an extraordinary amount of time working with George as a producer on this package. One article I read said that he also spent a year mixing the final product.

A very fitting posthumous recording for those who admired the "quiet Beatle".

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back