Geocaching?
Dec 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 11
I've done it, though I wouldn't say I'm into it. My uncle is like obsessed with it. There are some rather nifty scavenger hunt-esque caches out there that are quite good fun.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 11
My dad keeps bringing it up, and I keep saying HELL NO!

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 11
I have a few Geocaching websites bookmarked. There are several clubs within a 30 mile radius. I've never participated but it sound like it could be fun. Oh man, headphones and geocaching, just how geeky can one get?

Here's one of the sites
http://www.ncfoothills-geocachers.com/

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 11
I've been wanting to try it, but haven't yet. I've got a GPS (DeLorme PN-40), and there are plenty of geocaches in my area, just haven't gotten the actual motivation part working. Maybe in spring...

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next weekend.

Lucky

Nothing too serious over here. Scavenging around in the mountains behind my house. Definitely something I've had my eye on for years. The folks kinda make ya grow up a little before you head out too far from home. A trip to topaz mountain is in the works for next spring though. If I can just motivate my friends to get off their asses.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 11
Technically, I'm going on a mountain trail restoration/bridge conditioning mission with a school club, but it's situated close to where I'm also going geocaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back