Gentleman's way of killing?
Sep 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #16 of 25
Yeah I agree. Some guys are filled with all this macho testosterone and if you burp in his face in front of his friends, he may call you out for a fight in the ally or out in the field.

lol, reminds me of the new South Park episode that came out yesterday.

I actually got into fights all the time as a kid, but only because I couldn't exactly avoid it. One time, I was sitting in a drainage pipe at the lower level of a parking lot (yes, really) and a group of guys saw me and were like, "Look, there he is!" They literally dragged me across town and "bushed" me. (Just means being thrown repeatedly into bushes.) haha. Good times!

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 25
The whole pint of dueling is respect. You have your word and honor/ respect and that is your calling card. If you're known as the little bitch, you get stepped on. School yards when I was little we're pretty much like jail houses. I was the new kid in class at 12 different schools. Moving forward, don't need to get into fights now :wink:.

Going back to the dueling issue/topic, back when men were men and gentlemen not so gentle, a public insult merited just that, the right to defend your honor and reputation. Nowadays society is much larger and people forget most of the news they "heard" for breakfast. No right of passage anymore, honor is as easily forgotten and here in the U.S. Our kids can't even keep score at a little league game because it's unfair for the losing team.

Wasn't it Andrew Jackson who shot a man dead in a duel at the White House?

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #18 of 25
The whole pint of dueling is respect. You have your word and honor/ respect and that is your calling card. If you're known as the little bitch, you get stepped on. School yards when I was little we're pretty much like jail houses. I was the new kid in class at 12 different schools. Moving forward, don't need to get into fights now
wink.gif

Going back to the dueling issue/topic, back when men were men and gentlemen not so gentle, a public insult merited just that, the right to defend your honor and reputation. Nowadays society is much larger and people forget most of the news they "heard" for breakfast. No right of passage anymore, honor is as easily forgotten and here in the U.S. Our kids can't even keep score at a little league game because it's unfair for the losing team.

I defend my honor with logic and reason, not bullets, which are quite disrespectful, if you ask me.
tongue.gif

And yep: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 25

I defend my honor with logic and reason, not bullets, which are quite disrespectful, if you ask me.
tongue.gif

The reality however is that dishonorable people are immune to logic and reason. For example, if Gregor Clegane raped and murdered your sister, you really just need to stab the person with a poison-laced weapon.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 25

The reality however is that dishonorable people are immune to logic and reason. For example, if Gregor Clegane raped and murdered your sister, you really just need to stab the person with a poison-laced weapon.

True, but that's an extreme example. This whole duel thing is more about verbal insults than anything.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #21 of 25

True, but that's an extreme example. This whole duel thing is more about verbal insults than anything.

I'm more about subtlety actually. Like spying on the guy, digging skeletons out of his closet, and then throwing them all over the place. Of course, that's not easy to do without funding, and Monte Cristo was lucky enough to find Sparda's gold horde.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 25

I'm more about subtlety actually. Like spying on the guy, digging skeletons out of his closet, and then throwing them all over the place. Of course, that's not easy to do without funding, and Monte Cristo was lucky enough to find Sparda's gold horde.

hehe. If I was rich, I'd totally do that sort of thing to my enemies...but I don't have any major enemies...partially because I'm not rich.
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hehe. If I was rich, I'd totally do that sort of thing to my enemies...but I don't have any major enemies...partially because I'm not rich.
biggrin.gif

Well Edmond Dantes made enemies before he found Sparda's treasure, although being well connected enough to be trusted to carry a letter from Napoleon's people arguably counts for that.

Still, these days it won't necessarily be lots of money to fund PI's - you just need a multi-core computer and an internet connection, plus hacking skills. You can dig out a lot of skeletons that way. For example, not even Incognito Mode can stop your ISP from logging the websites that you visit. Hack into the camera and then post the video of him vigorously scratching his balls after sitting in there for hours.

Sep 18, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 25
The whole pint of dueling is respect. You have your word and honor/ respect and that is your calling card. If you're known as the little bitch, you get stepped on. School yards when I was little we're pretty much like jail houses. I was the new kid in class at 12 different schools. Moving forward, don't need to get into fights now
wink.gif

I believe it was Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.  Burr shot Hamilton.  Not bad for a Canadian knowing US history, eh ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back