General Question about er4p-s
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #16 of 22
I have never heard the E5C (had the E4C for some time) but as I remeber the writing it is a completely different animal to the ER4 and almost not comparable.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by apotek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But my main question would be, since I started this treat it came to my mind, how much do I love Ety's??Besides er-4's I had only shure e2, so I didn't have any experiance with any other high-end IE phones. And all these years I never questioned that because what I had was fantastic to me, but what if there is a phone that I would like better??

The Ety's to me are the Grados of the IEM world; not that they sound like Grado, but they have their distinctive sound signature that many love while many others hate. In terms of transparency and highs few IEMs can match them, in terms of bass they are one of the most bass-shy IEMs out there. So it's all down to personal preference and the type of music you listen to. If you really like the Ety's sound signature one possible alternative is the head-direct RE1.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 22
My opinion and input is to head on over to Sound Earphones and pick up a set of Klipsch Image x10s on sale right now for $220. They are normally a $350 set of phones and they are wonderful.

If the ER4s are anywhere near the same sound as the HF2s, you'll be very well impressed with the Images. The HF2s are as close as I've come to hearing the sound of the ER4s and, although they have a quality sound, they can't quite compare to the Images.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After having tried and owned E4C, M5, TFP10 none of them have been able to oust my ER4 (now with APS cable). Have had ER4 on and off for about 7 years

same here. Bought my Ety4p from Head Fi when they were about double the price they are now. And while I LOVE my triple Fis, still return to the ol' Etys when I'm running around ampless. My only gripe is they use those disposble filters which I have to change every couple months--small quibble, though, for the sound quality.

Now to get the APS Cabling: Is that really worth it???

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #21 of 22
As I wrote earlier in this thread I don't think the sq improvement alone justifies the price. As for filters I do the same as Alex and use them without. He goes totally naked but I use bits of my wife's old tights and keep them in place with the tip. This to protect against earwax inside the tubes.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #22 of 22
instead getting a new IEM I went and ordered akg701
smily_headphones1.gif
))I guess I had to order something this week..and since I couldn't decide on what to do with my portable stuff I went for home upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
))I was either gonna buy RS2 or K701 and I went with akg since the price was very good...hopefully I like it...I like akg sound since i have the k271...

in last few days that I spend at head-fi I came to find out that there are so many new brands in this department..like klipsh, altec lansing, harman kardon vs..so many of them out there it is impossible to make a decision
smily_headphones1.gif
))so it will take me sometime to upgrade my IEM's...maybe I would just wait until my ety's are dead....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back