General Headphone measurement related discussions
Aug 12, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #91 of 94
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #92 of 94
I am still leaning on Ora's graphs though for EQ-ing my 250 ohm DT-770's. And mostly use the DF responses of other headphones as my targets for that.

Will try to post some more on this soon.

This is still an ongoing process, but there's some more recent info on the above here, including examples of some of the target diffuse field headphone response curves I've been using as a basis for EQ-ing my DT-770's, which are actually based on groups of several different headphones...

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ng-the-250-ohm-beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro.26249/

An example of one such DF target developed from headphone measurements in Ora's graphing tool...

BESTBASSANDTREBLE.jpg

This DF target was tailored somewhat towards a closed headphone like the DT-770, which is already well-extended in both the treble and sub-bass. So it may not be as applicable to something like an open dynamic headphone with less ability to extend into the lower frequencies.

And it would only be applicable to other similar diffuse field compensated headphone measurements made with Oratory's graphing tool.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #93 of 94
I've also more or less settled on a range of -1.0 to -1.5 dB per octave (or an average of approximately -1.25 dB/oct) for the approximate slope of my target diffuse field curves, and also the approximate slope of a neutral loudspeaker's sound power response (excluding any falloff in the sub-bass).

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #94 of 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back