Genelec monitors - what headphones sound like them?
Jan 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Krolik

New Head-Fier
Hi all
I'm a fan of the Genelec house sound and want headphones that are as close as possible in sound quality among current flagships.

Audeze lcd-x
Hifiman he-6, he-x?
Grado ps1000
Akg k812

Anything else?

I would like to hear people who has actually heard or even better worked with Genelecs and has experience with the flagship headphones.

Please feel free to express your opinion

My current setup:

1. PC ->Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Hifiman He-560/Focal Spirit Pro/ATH-M50X/Fostex TH-600/AKG K702 ANV

-> PMC TB2S-Aii

2. Lyngdorf CD1 -> Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 -> ATC SCM19 / 

With respect

G.

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 4
JVC MX10-B Studio Monitor headphones.
There is info I linked on the second page here about the Victor Studio Engineers specifically tuning them to match/approximate  the Genelec 1035B Studio Monitors for  use in studio
http://www.head-fi.org/t/560124/new-jvc-victor-studio-headphone-the-ha-mx10-b

Obviously not among what you listed, but flagship sound doesn't need you to spend excessive $$$, and they were specifically tuned to them by the actual pros.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 4
"Genelec monitors - what headphones sound like them?"

-  AKG K 812

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 4
An Etymotic with a tiny downward tilt, and more bass. The XR series perhaps. The Mc5 is very even sounding like my Genelec 8260 from a frequency response perspective besides sometimes bass being a little thin. That being said, it was my JH Audio Lola that let me to shopping for over a year for speakers in the same league and ended with the Genelec 8260.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back