Gemini XL-1800Q TT Counterweight Issue
Oct 14, 2017 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheSonicTruth

1000+ Head-Fier
Gemini XL-1800Q DJ TT Counterweight Issue:

Hello, don't know if there is a better Head-Fi sub-forum to post this on, but both the tonearm counterweight and the legend ring(the thing with grams etched on it) both turn, independently of each other! So aside from ordering the scale appropriate for setting stylus tracking force, how can I properly set such on this otherwise solid-as-a-tank, fully functional used turntable?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Buy a tracking force gauge. Less then $25.00 on Amazon.

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Buy a tracking force gauge. Less then $25.00 on Amazon.

While I think a tracking gauge should be mandatory for anyone who has turntables, collects records, and performs light maintenance, I would like some advice on what to do about the index ring(grams) next to the counterweight. Should it spin independently of the weight, or with the weight as it is turned, and how did it get loose in the first place?

After purchasing the table from Goodwill, I discovered at home from several manuals I was viewing on line, that both the counterweight and its index ring were on backwards. WT ?! Easy enough to correct. Now I just need to determine if that ring is behaving appropriately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back