Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #12,991 of 13,800
<sacrasm>but if not the DaVinci factory, then where?</sarcasm>

It's pretty clear there's a serious design flaw in the pulse if no-one can actually fabricate the pcb to spec.
3 weeks since I asked for confirmation that the boards had been produced - nothing

We just confirmed the PCB factory is in the final stages of production. We expect to get the boards within the next 15 working days for assembly.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #12,992 of 13,800
As far as the Source goes:
The Source production is moving along and I will be gathering information over how many we shipped at the end of the month. I’ll announce that information when I have it.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #12,993 of 13,800
We just confirmed the PCB factory is in the final stages of production. We expect to get the boards within the next 15 working days for assembly.

so what happened? why weren't we told about the delay?

the last update had board production starting in the 3rd week of Feb and taking 15 days. It's now the 3rd week of April and board production is going to take 15 days?

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #12,994 of 13,800
Perhaps someone could help me, I have been searching for an hour now for a spec sheet of the Geek Pulse X, but I can’t find one anywhere. I’m mainly just looking for the power put out by the amp, does anyone have the spec sheet they could link or post?

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #12,995 of 13,800
Perhaps someone could help me, I have been searching for an hour now for a spec sheet of the Geek Pulse X, but I can’t find one anywhere. I’m mainly just looking for the power put out by the amp, does anyone have the spec sheet they could link or post?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lBMMP7mtO4sC0HnxTo-_0crmsaTLVUkqBizSmINeuMs/htmlview#

To calculate power, you'd do:
RMSvoltage^2 /impedance

So for a 50 ohm planar magnetic headphone with the XLR output at low gain:
3.6 Vrms^2 = 12.96 Vrms^2
12.96 Vrms^2 / 50 ohm = 0.2592 W, or 259.2 mW.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #12,996 of 13,800
I ordered a Schiit Jotunheim Multibit last night.
Ordered a Fiio X5 gen 3 for a DAP a few days ago.
Ordering all of the stuff I already paid LH Labs for years ago.
The great concepts of 4 years ago have already been a consumer reality for a while now.

Mike
I tried the Multibit Jotunheim at the Schiitr. It doesn't quite have the fidelity as the Bifrost Multibit, but it's very close. The Schiit rep at the Schiitr said it's just a Modi Multibit board essentially, so that makes sense.

I plugged in the Eitr yesterday and did coax input comparisons between the Bifrost Multibit and the Pulse X Infinity. The Pulse X Infinity sounds way more transparent and clear to me compared to the BiMB.

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #12,997 of 13,800
miceblue -

Thanks for the info.
I'm going to use the Schiit Jotunheim MB for listening to headphones at home office desk and connecting up whole house system.
Just using computer default audio RCA outs now.
Should be an improvement from that.

Mike

============
I tried the Multibit Jotunheim at the Schiitr. It doesn't quite have the fidelity as the Bifrost Multibit, but it's very close. The Schiit rep at the Schiitr said it's just a Modi Multibit board essentially, so that makes sense.

I plugged in the Eitr yesterday and did coax input comparisons between the Bifrost Multibit and the Pulse X Infinity. The Pulse X Infinity sounds way more transparent and clear to me compared to the BiMB.

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #12,999 of 13,800
latest

May 6, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #13,000 of 13,800
More delay from LH Labs.
It does not look like we will get any Pulse in May.

From LH Labs:
We ordered a small amount of LPS4 units, so the factory is finishing those up. When we get those done, the factory will move onto finishing the Pulse units. I’ll post more information when I have it.

May 6, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #13,001 of 13,800
I really don't understand how a batch of only 50 gets interrupted mid way to build a different product.

... Unless of course there were again issues with producing the pulse boards again.

Again the issue is that we were given a schedule and not told about delays despite specific assurances that we would be.

The *new* lhlabs support is at least more responsive, but if Larry isn't bothering to give him the info then what's the point?

May 7, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #13,002 of 13,800
More delay from LH Labs.
It does not look like we will get any Pulse in May.

From LH Labs:
We ordered a small amount of LPS4 units, so the factory is finishing those up. When we get those done, the factory will move onto finishing the Pulse units. I’ll post more information when I have it.

LPS4's are being made now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back