Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #12,661 of 13,800
^ have you received yours yet?

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #12,663 of 13,800
I commend those Pulse backers still awaiting their units for being so darned patient and forgiving of LH Labs for their obfuscation and downright lies. Personally I’d be apoplectic if Amazon sold ostensibly the same unit as my backed device at around half of the cost that Larry Ho Ho Ho (he definitely ain’t Santa) charged me via crowdfunding. I’ve given up on the Wave as vapourware despite the so called progress updates, as they contain nothing but vacuous promises and damned lies. As an aside, I asked an electrical engineer friend how many iterations a PCB should take to get right from inception to final production, he said “Given suitable CAD and virtual emulation software, allow one early prototype for debugging and testing, another for refining the data received from the initial board and a last test unit for confirmation of what’s already known”. Asked for a timescale of the aforementioned process he quoted 3-6 months depending upon the PCB complexity and components used. LH Labs are thus even more damned incompetent than backers suspected and/or they don’t give a flying f*ck about backers.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #12,664 of 13,800
My question is: Are those 5 units on Amazon the same 5 that have been there for 2+ years? This would explain the low-low price. They just are not selling. This is a really good DAC for that price, but the incompetence of the company and debatable reliability of the DAC blow the legs out from under this deal.

Against the questionable reliability, mine is still working just fine after two years, one week and a few days, as are a good many units out in the wild. My only real issue is getting the drivers working again after a power failure with the computer powered up. This usually takes about an hour! :xf_eek:

Overall, I have less and less faith in this company surviving. Management seems to be totally incompetent and the staff seem to be just showing up for the paycheck. Too bad, because there WAS such promise in their products and business concept. I would like to burn off the remainder of my marketplace credit, but there are precious few items in stock on their website. Not having stock to sell is not the way to run a company. Now all I am waiting for is to see IF they ever deliver the Source and Waves.

J.P.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #12,666 of 13,800
I got my mine back in Mach, 2016. Not sure how I got mine while others are still waiting, I didn't back mine till they offered it in the Wave campaign.

It was around Mach, 2016 that the last batch of Pulse was sent out.
I think there are very few Pulse that has been sent out after this.

LH Labs promised just after the campaign started that those who backed Pulse first should get Pulse first.
Unfortunately, LH Labs never followed what they had promised.

I backed Pulse seven hours and twelve minutes after Geek Pulse Campaign start and I still waiting.
It's hard to believe that this is 49 months ago.

The closest I've been to get a Pulse was 16 months ago when I was promised that they would send me a Pulse within a week.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #12,667 of 13,800
It was around Mach, 2016 that the last batch of Pulse was sent out.
I think there are very few Pulse that has been sent out after this.

LH Labs promised just after the campaign started that those who backed Pulse first should get Pulse first.
Unfortunately, LH Labs never followed what they had promised.

I backed Pulse seven hours and twelve minutes after Geek Pulse Campaign start and I still waiting.
It's hard to believe that this is 49 months ago.

The closest I've been to get a Pulse was 16 months ago when I was promised that they would send me a Pulse within a week.
Agree.
I wondered why Amazon was getting supply before crowdfunders like us.
Opposite of the idea of funding and getting early.

Mike

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #12,668 of 13,800
Amazon only got 10 or so units. Yes, not a popular move but I do understand that they needed to enter the market while it was still new. Unfortunately, it was poorly marketed and few outside of LH Labs followers know about this DAC. Worse yet, their extreme slowness in product development, production and fault correction has soured the community that should be spreading accolades and that most effective form of advertising: Word of mouth. This very effective word of mouth has turned against them and we who should be telling our acquaintances about these great DACs that we have are telling about our concerns about possible reliability issues, USB connection issues and the near absolute inability to get service and support from a totally dysfunctional company.

Unfortunately, the board appears to be not well designed for manufacturing. It is probably very precisely designed and the degree of precision does not allow for manufacturing tolerances. This is just a guess, of course, but it does seem to suffer from a high reject rate and more than normal early failures in the field. Fortunately it would seem that in most cases if these DACs live through their first few months that most will continue to operate as normal for a long time.

J.P.

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #12,669 of 13,800
No, but I'll ask again for you. Sorry about that situation. :frowning2:
I have one too. It has been open for 2 months. Maybe not super important now but it will be if they ever ship anything.
We have been asked on a few occasions to update our purchase lists. I don't understand how to do it if tickets are ignored.

#42215 Not all perks listed on order page
Open since 61 days 19 hours

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #12,670 of 13,800
I have one too. It has been open for 2 months. Maybe not super important now but it will be if they ever ship anything.
We have been asked on a few occasions to update our purchase lists. I don't understand how to do it if tickets are ignored.

I’m in the same boat with my order page not listing anything.

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #12,672 of 13,800
Nov 25, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #12,673 of 13,800

I resolved this ticket and emailed you. For the Head-Fi community, please understand: tickets are not being "ignored". It is literally just me doing tickets at this time. They are delayed, but NOT ignored.

Ticket #42269
Unresolved since 29 Sep 17.

This was taken care of and emailed as well just now. If there's issues, please add to the ticket and I'll be happy to work on it for you.

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #12,674 of 13,800
This was taken care of and emailed as well just now. If there's issues, please add to the ticket and I'll be happy to work on it for you.

All is correct. Thank you for ensuring this was done properly.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #12,675 of 13,800
I resolved this ticket and emailed you. For the Head-Fi community, please understand: tickets are not being "ignored". It is literally just me doing tickets at this time. They are delayed, but NOT ignored.

Jarek,
Now that is the kind of customer service that is very appreciated. If they had a few more people like you doing this, everyone would be smiling.
Good job, I really appreciate it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back