Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #12,241 of 13,800
Hi Guys, apologies if i'm a little off topic. My Pulse is on the fritz and i raised a support ticket with LH Labs bout three weeks ago but havent got a reply from their support team yet.

Any idea how i might contact somebody from LH Labs regarding this?

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #12,242 of 13,800
Hmm, I got the Infinity this week and MCU is 2.0.

Is it normal for the Pulse's display to only show 44.1k even if you play higher res, like 96k? I am not sure if it downsamples everything, or the screen just freezes into one res...

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #12,243 of 13,800
  Hi Guys, apologies if i'm a little off topic. My Pulse is on the fritz and i raised a support ticket with LH Labs bout three weeks ago but havent got a reply from their support team yet.

Any idea how i might contact somebody from LH Labs regarding this?

Open another ticket referencing the previous ticket number. The first one may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #12,244 of 13,800
  Hmm, I got the Infinity this week and MCU is 2.0.

Is it normal for the Pulse's display to only show 44.1k even if you play higher res, like 96k? I am not sure if it downsamples everything, or the screen just freezes into one res...

No. What playback software are you using? Some playback software requires specific settings to interact with the Pulse properly.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #12,246 of 13,800
@Boban85: What jbr said. While there is a remote chance that there is a problem with your DAC, there is more like a 99%+ probability that your player software or your computer's audio system is resampling the music. If you can't find the issue on your own, come back and tell us what software and Operating System you are using and we can help you to get it playing the way that it should be.

J.P.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #12,247 of 13,800

No. What playback software are you using? Some playback software requires specific settings to interact with the Pulse properly.

@Boban85: What jbr said. While there is a remote chance that there is a problem with your DAC, there is more like a 99%+ probability that your player software or your computer's audio system is resampling the music. If you can't find the issue on your own, come back and tell us what software and Operating System you are using and we can help you to get it playing the way that it should be.

J.P.

Thanks to jbr1971 and J.P.

I am using Foobar2000 for music and BSplayer for video. After playing around with foobar, trying to setup DSD playback, now the Pulse recognizes the Khz when playing music through foobar. All video files are 44.1k with BSplayer and VLC player, when they should be 48k.

Also, DSD files show 352.8k on the display. Is this correct, or it should say DSD? In Preferences/Tools/SACD/Output mode - when I select DSD, there is no sound when playing DSD. When I select PCM or DSD+PCM I get sound and the display says 352.8k. I am doing something wrong, or this is it?

A apologize for the million questions...

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #12,248 of 13,800

Thanks to jbr1971 and J.P.

I am using Foobar2000 for music and BSplayer for video. After playing around with foobar, trying to setup DSD playback, now the Pulse recognizes the Khz when playing music through foobar. All video files are 44.1k with BSplayer and VLC player, when they should be 48k.

Also, DSD files show 352.8k on the display. Is this correct, or it should say DSD? In Preferences/Tools/SACD/Output mode - when I select DSD, there is no sound when playing DSD. When I select PCM or DSD+PCM I get sound and the display says 352.8k. I am doing something wrong, or this is it?

A apologize for the million questions...

When playing DSD files it should say DSD64 or DSD128.

Did you use the Foobar setup guide on the LH support site to setup Foobar? If not, go to the following page and check your settings against the guide in case there is something you missed:

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556094-using-foobar2000-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

The guide is a couple of years old, but should still work for you.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #12,249 of 13,800
My Pulse Infinity is working strangely from yesterday. I really was enjoyning it... sob!
It's quite strange: it keeps sound flowing (from any input), but "Pulse DAC" stays blinking on front display but nothing going on. No one replying to Support tickets, but I'm sure that if they do I'll to send back to factory.
This crowfunding was definitely a failure...
triportsad.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #12,250 of 13,800

When playing DSD files it should say DSD64 or DSD128.

Did you use the Foobar setup guide on the LH support site to setup Foobar? If not, go to the following page and check your settings against the guide in case there is something you missed:

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556094-using-foobar2000-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

The guide is a couple of years old, but should still work for you.

I followed the guide, but some options are very different than shown in the guide. Seems that when in Preferences/Output, I select Device: ASIO : foo_dsd_asio (as recommended in the guide) DSD does not work. When I select DSD: ASIO : foo_dsd_asio, DSD playback does work, but Foobar volume control is not functional. What do you have as Device?

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #12,252 of 13,800
So the volume control on my standard pulse frequently stops working. It'll show the decibels changing on the screen when I turn the knob but the volume won't actually change. I also cant control the volume in windows settings so I just have to do it in the specific program I'm using.

Anyone have this issue? Control will come back if I restart the unit and the computer but goes away randomly after (happens most often if I change the deafult output in windows but sometimes without doing anything). Any ideas? It's quite annoying,as itll be stuck in the level I use for my hd650 and then blow my ears out if I switch to my Nighthawks...

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #12,254 of 13,800

All that did was get my 2nd ticket merged into the first one. Still didn't answer my RMA request. 

I had the same problem, six weeks with no response to my RMA request, and multiple escalation tickets were closed or merged into the orginal RMA ticket. @runningwitt was nice enough to pm me the direct email for the technician, who responded right away. In my case, upgrading the firmware to the latest version fixed the problem.

Passing it forward, you have a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back