Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 6, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #11,356 of 13,800
As others have stated numerous times, everyone hears differently and your mileage may vary.  The amp in the Pulse is not a bad amp nor is it a stellar amp.  It's middle of the road.  I have a Burson Conductor, original version, and the Pulse's amp is close in some respects but not quite as good.  I recently ordered (14 - 16 week wait) a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and am looking forward to listening the Pulse X Infinity through it as compare to the others (Pulse internal and the Burson).

Has anyone paired the Pulse X Infinity with an LC and could you offer some comments on the experience, as compared to the Pulse's internal amp?

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #11,357 of 13,800
  As others have stated numerous times, everyone hears differently and your mileage may vary.  The amp in the Pulse is not a bad amp nor is it a stellar amp.  It's middle of the road.  I have a Burson Conductor, original version, and the Pulse's amp is close in some respects but not quite as good.  I recently ordered (14 - 16 week wait) a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and am looking forward to listening the Pulse X Infinity through it as compare to the others (Pulse internal and the Burson).

Has anyone paired the Pulse X Infinity with an LC and could you offer some comments on the experience, as compared to the Pulse's internal amp?

I have the Pulse X Infinity and run it through the LC and it definitely is an upgrade over the Pulse's internal amp IMO. I've also been lucky enough to try the Cavalli Liquid Gold and that's clearly an even larger upgrade! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #11,358 of 13,800
  I have the Pulse X Infinity and run it through the LC and it definitely is an upgrade over the Pulse's internal amp IMO. I've also been lucky enough to try the Cavalli Liquid Gold and that's clearly an even larger upgrade! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks Michael, you Lucky Dog in that you got to at least listen to the LG!   I wish I made enough $$$ to have afforded the LG when it was still available but, alas, that wasn't in the cards for me.

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #11,359 of 13,800
So you think 900bucks is a fair price for geek pulse infinity?

Because I saw the geek pulse infinity cost about 2500usd on amazon, I thought it would've been a bargain for 900.

I saw lots of positive reviews for YGGY,but the price just over my budget,plan to get a soekris dam1021(seems a very good choice for R2R DAC)

It's a good price. Fantastic value in my opinion. Yggy is better but at more than twice the cost

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #11,360 of 13,800
For me it works as an all in one solution for my alpha primes in balanced mode and as preamp. Now please if somebody heard anything better under a thousand that could be used as preamp and headphone amp i would be open for options. would love to hear how it compares to Ifi Micro Isd2, or Moon Audio 230HAd for example. For me the less amount of boxes the better. also a possible solution for me would be replacing my emotiva power amp with a Ragnarok and then I could get a better amp and headphone amp without adding extra components

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #11,361 of 13,800
I am really envious that You guys have the chance to even listen to your Infinity. That means you HAVE IT at home .... 
I  and many others though are still waiting for the day X to happen when LHLabs finally see themselves fit to deliver what i have funded in 2014. (and then made the mistake to change to chassis 2.0)  
Has anyone heard or read any news on the production chain of the Infinity? Did they start production again?

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #11,362 of 13,800
  I  and many others though are still waiting for the day X to happen when LHLabs finally see themselves fit to deliver what i have funded in 2014. (and then made the mistake to change to chassis 2.0)

Sad to hear there are many others who still didn't get it from those funded from 2014! Just curious, did you order it early or late 2014?  What month?

This is just ridiculous. I don't know how LH Labs can run a successful business if one has to wait ~2 years to get hold of the product while selling the item in Amazon ready to ship since November. Contrast that to Schiit who will only announce a product if it is ready to ship!

This is definitely loss of focus, procrastination, and don't care attitude on the part of LH Labs. Material and manufacturing issues are just excuses. Classic bait and switch masked as crowdfunding.

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #11,364 of 13,800

This is just ridiculous. I don't know how LH Labs can run a successful business if one has to wait ~2 years to get hold of the product while selling the item in Amazon ready to ship since November. Contrast that to Schiit who will only announce a product if it is ready to ship!

They can't. I was a big supporter back during the funding, but 2 years later and people still don't have their product? Huge slap in the face.

The same people who crowdfunded the first time will not give them a dime for any future crowdfunding. They would need to emulate Schiit or they will eventually fold. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #11,366 of 13,800
Running Geek DAC with LPS vs DC Battery, what is better?

I would have thought tgis will depend on the battery but accirding to Larry previously LPS will almost always be better because for battery you are actually getting a pretty uneven power delivery that drops as the battery discharges over time while lps is designed to give clean power from the start.

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #11,367 of 13,800
Jun 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #11,369 of 13,800
  Guys, what should I use with my SFi, do you guys recommend Uptone Regen, or something else? Is it really necessary? I heard about Intona, is it absolutely necessary to add 300 dollar equipment before your DAC?

I have the Intona. Not necessary but it does help. 

Mostly with imaging and a blacker background. Soundstage might have be ever slightly deeper and wider but I can't say for certain. The imaging improvements on placement of sound sources was definitely perceivable. 

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #11,370 of 13,800
  Guys, what should I use with my SFi, do you guys recommend Uptone Regen, or something else? Is it really necessary? I heard about Intona, is it absolutely necessary to add 300 dollar equipment before your DAC?

Light Harmonic is offering their LightSpeed Revive www.lightharmonic.com/revive. I'm still waiting 3.5 months for the delivery of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back