Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #11,131 of 13,800
  hey germay I see you got your revive.  coupla questions.. what's the purpose of the second usb output port?  and what's the optimal type of wall wart to charge the battery?  must be 5v 1 amp?  or can it charge faster with say an ipad charger 5v 2.4amp?  and how long does the battery last?  I'm not planning on getting another lps unless I really need to

Regarding the  second port, you can hook up a second DAC or use it with a split cable for separate power leg and data leg.  To charge the battery you can use any USB port from your computer or another battery that supplies 5V @ a minimum of 0.5A.  Higher amperage shouldn't make a difference as it will only use what it needs to charge.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #11,132 of 13,800
Please correct me if i am wrong- I have a 2g cable thats goes from Imac -power end to geek LPS and other end to the Geek xfi. So i am asumming I would put the revive just before DAC. right? Or does this thing completly elimitates the need to connect USB to geek LPS.

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #11,133 of 13,800
So, this begs the question...are people who use the Regen (like myself) chucking them and getting the Revive?

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #11,134 of 13,800
So, this begs the question...are people who use the Regen (like myself) chucking them and getting the Revive?

Boils down to your subjective impression and whether it's worth it to you.  To me it sounds better but that is my subjective impression.  YMMV!

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #11,135 of 13,800
Please correct me if i am wrong- I have a 2g cable thats goes from Imac -power end to geek LPS and other end to the Geek xfi. So i am asumming I would put the revive just before DAC. right? Or does this thing completly elimitates the need to connect USB to geek LPS.

There is a supplied short (6 inch) cable, Type A to Type C, that you would use to connect from iMAC (Type A output) to the Revive (Type C input) for data.  It also comes with a 6 inch Type A to Type Micro B cable which is used to charge the battery and it could come from the LPS.  It has two separate Type A 3.0 USB outputs that you could use with the 2G cable to feed the DAC.

Type A to Type C - data signal from your music source to the Revive
Type A to Type Micro B - Power from your music source or the LPS used to charge the Revive's battery.
Two Type A outputs - used to feed one or two DACs or a slplit cable, like the 2G, from the Revive to feed your DAC.  Both ports supply identical power and data signals.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #11,136 of 13,800
thanks guys I feel like I know how to use it now.  strange that it doesn't come with a charge method but I guess everyone has 5v wall warts from their smartphones

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #11,137 of 13,800
  thanks guys I feel like I know how to use it now.  strange that it doesn't come with a charge method but I guess everyone has 5v wall warts from their smartphones

What do you mean it doesn't come with a charge "method"?  Anything that will charge an Android phone, as you stated, will work with the Revive.  They even provide you with a lengthy
wink.gif
, 6 inch, cord (USB Type A to Type Micro B).  One assumes you have some USB ports available on your PC, a phone wall wart adapter or some other source for 5V @ 0.5A.

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #11,138 of 13,800
germay yeah that's why I mentioned the phone charger thing.  But I still want to know what the optimal power for charging is..500ma, 1amp or what

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #11,139 of 13,800
  germay yeah that's why I mentioned the phone charger thing.  But I still want to know what the optimal power for charging is..500ma, 1amp or what

Minimum required, and I assume it needs no more, is 0.5A.

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #11,140 of 13,800
Let's tell it how it is, no documentation came with the unit, just plain shipping material and couple of very short cables. I did ask support about the documentation but was said it's under construction so we can only assume things as far as specifications. Even the shipping packaging was very simplistic, no special marked boxed describing the Revive unit. I gather this is going to change when they'll ship the retail units.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #11,141 of 13,800
I connected the geek pulse to the power adapter while it wa son power on, now it makes a clicking sound internally after being turned one (not immediately but after a short delay), is this a hunk of junk now?

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #11,142 of 13,800
musicheaven but with the two provided cables I can basically just leave it plugged into my laptop with two usb ports forever and it turns on automatically and I don't even have to do anything with the revive and it just enhances my vi dac right?  that's my main deal.  I guess I could unplug the charge cable every morning when I wake up if the battery lasts all day but I don't unplug the power leg of my Lightspeed 2G from my laptop after turning on my vi dac so I doubt I'll do that heh
edit:  it's pretty genius that the revive has that auto-on when it detects the source device is on.. that's a huge convenience for lazy people.. it's what made me click the buy it now link.  I'm too lazy to turn on my wyrd but the revive doesn't have that issue

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #11,143 of 13,800
Hello guys, have been really busy the last few months, moving to a different country, changing jobs, etc... Only two things have remained unchanged: the wife, and the wait for the chassis 2.0 Pulse Infinity :p What have I missed in 2016? When will the Forever funding campaign Infinities be delivered to international backers?

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #11,144 of 13,800
  Hello guys, have been really busy the last few months, moving to a different country, changing jobs, etc... Only two things have remained unchanged: the wife, and the wait for the chassis 2.0 Pulse Infinity :p What have I missed in 2016? When will the Forever funding campaign Infinities be delivered to international backers?

Thanks!

Last time I checked with LH (end of March) they said my Infinity was slated to ship 3rd week of April due to more production delays.  Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #11,145 of 13,800
musicheaven but with the two provided cables I can basically just leave it plugged into my laptop with two usb ports forever and it turns on automatically and I don't even have to do anything with the revive and it just enhances my vi dac right? that's my main deal.

That's pretty much how I have it wired and I certainly don't like to have to turn it on or off, as you said it's automatic. It might be portable but that's not the reason why I bought it.

Thanks!

Good things don't change :wink: but again some changes are slow to come. :D Consult the individual campaign to get the latest updates and read the prior thread comments on this site for a better understanding of where things are. Good luck for your new home and job!

I connected the geek pulse to the power adapter while it wa son power on, now it makes a clicking sound internally after being turned one (not immediately but after a short delay), is this a hunk of junk now?

Mine does that too but I believe it's just the startup process, I can hear the slight clicking sound going on but it just works fine once my source is applied. Doesn't yours work ok after that short delay? I'd be worried if it was not working on any inputs/outputs. Check every input/output if you can and conclude on its working status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back