Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 23, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #10,502 of 13,800
International backers still awaiting their Pulse Infinity units are stuck between a rock and a hard place!

As we can't get refunds from LH Labs, keep getting fobbed off with spurious shipping soon promises, hope that when our units eventually do arrive that they're not DOA and fully functional, lest we ship them back for repair and face another import duty surcharge of 30% (UK) when they're returned. 

Oh and we can't even sell them on as the resale value is minimal due to the abundance of for sale Pulse's. 
frown.gif

Quote:

Making people wait that long is just unforgivable! How they stay in business and continue to do this is beyond me! I guess there's one born every minute. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #10,503 of 13,800

Hey smial1966,

I PM'd you about this before remember?  I'm a backer from January 2014 and one of the original 1500ers (people that put up $1500 or more).  I think my situation is a little different since I'm currently in Shanghai and whoever thinks German/UK customs etcetc are a pain in the ass have never dealt with China.  I'll refrain from further comments.  

As a result, the closest they can ship is HK so I got on a plane to HK to pick them up.  I was communicating with Stephanie from the Customer Happiness team and emailed her my itinerary and said the stuff better be there when I'm in HK.  

She, along with Diana and Manny made it happen.  Thanks guys.

Trust me, I know exactly how you, and everyone else, feel because I started b***ching about this situation more than half a year ago on head-fi.  I was banned from LH's own forums and I got a warning from Jude/head-fi mods too. Feel free to search my posts.

I trust the customer happiness team is trying to do their best to keep people at bay.  It's the guys behind the scenes like marketing etc that's made all the great decisions to piss off all of us backers.  I know engineers and trust Larry is one of those painstakingly detailed guys coming up with an optimal solution with the best parts he's given to work with and I applaud him for it.

The Infinity has been working ok for me and I've had it running basically since I got it.  I haven't run into the popping issue when changing sample rates (44.1/88.2/96/192/DSD128 back to back) but make sure you unplug headphones/turn off amps before switching off the DAC since there's the pop without a relay on the outputs.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #10,504 of 13,800

smial1966,

I also agree with everything you've said and I still find it mind boggling how DOA Pulses are still being shipped out since they claim every unit is tested on AP.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #10,505 of 13,800
I got the following update from Gina in response to my ticket asking when my Infinity 2.0 would be shipped out:

The Production Department has informed me the 2nd batch of Infinity boards that were received had such a high failure rate that they needed to be retuned to the vendor which has pushed back shipping times. They estimate shipping will begin again in February. I appreciate your patience and continued support as we work to get your items to you as soon as possible.

The wait continues.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #10,506 of 13,800
True, the waits are forever (still waiting on a Vi Tube Dac among other LH Labs stuff), I would much prefer to get one working properly, though.
Sorry, the wait DOES continue...

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #10,507 of 13,800
At this point, I just hope the wait does not continue on to 2017.
And that I receive a perfectly working unit.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #10,508 of 13,800
Amen brother!

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #10,509 of 13,800
I have been using the Pulse DAC section with either the H10 or more recently the Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  don't have any R2R DACS to compare, but of the 5 Delta Sigma DACS that I have here I like the pulse the best.
I do have an Infinity version. Not really sure of how significant of a difference that makes. I tend to think that for the price of a base Pulse, it is a very competitive DAC. Certainly give it a shot with your LC when it arrives. I feel sure that you will find a significant difference. The headphone out of my Pulse is quite adequate, but not spectacular.

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #10,510 of 13,800
The Infinity is the version with the Femto clock...haven't compared the basic Pulse and the Infinity, but have the Geek Out 1000 and the Special Edition with the Femto clock, the Femto makes a big difference in SQ.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #10,511 of 13,800
Just received this:

Message from Larry and Production.
Dear ,

We know you have been waiting patiently for your Pulse Infinity and would like to extend our sincerest gratitude. Pulse Infinity DAC in 2.0 chassis alone has more than 500 backers in total. It has been quite the ride and we are continually pushing to get our Pulse Infinity DAC in your hands. And we're roughly half way through it.

You are receiving this email because we just received PCBs from our assembly factory but according to our internal quality standard, this whole batch of board are not qualified. Needless to say this has caused a delay in shipping, and we already contacted another reliable PCB assembly factory to restart the work of this batch. We wanted to personally inform you of this matter, while production does everything in their power to resolve this issue in a timely manner. The expected impact of delivery schedule will be four weeks. Again, we want to express our gratitude for your patience. We will restart the Infinity DAC shipping towards the end of January.

Hope you could support our decision of insisting on the best quality. If you have any particular question in mind, you are welcome to go to support.lhlabs.com to open a ticket for your Pulse Infinity order.

Thank you so much,

Larry & The Production Team

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #10,512 of 13,800
I believe they had high PCB failure rates with a manufacturer while doing Pulse 1.0 chassis builds as well. I wonder whether it's the the companies they are choosing or something related to the PCB design? At this rate though they won't be able to satisfy all their backer requirements and build up retail stock until probably early spring next if I had to guess.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #10,514 of 13,800
Has anyone noticed audio delay with the Infinity?

I finished putting together a movie/music room. Due to size, I kept it 2.1.

Shuttle HTPC Skylake i5 --> Pulse Infinity --> Parasound P7 --> Parasound A23 --> Ascend Sierra 2.
Onboard Intel Iris 530 --> LG OLED 9500

It sounds great, but I had to adjust the audio delay in Kodi by .069ms and save it as default. Every movie syncs perfectly after.

It will be annoying if I use something else besides Kodi that won't allow audio delay. Is there another place to adjust the delay system wide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back