Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 4, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #10,306 of 13,800
Unacceptable is your definition. It may be two years from your original contribution, but how long has it been since your LAST upgrade contribution? You are already getting an excellent product for a very good price. There are no guarantees for value or delivery time in a crowd funding campaign, so I don't think that any kind of compensation for long delivery times is going to happen.

All of us who chose to wait for the 2.0 chassis option have waited a long time to receive our infinity DACs.

J.P.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #10,307 of 13,800
Gavin,

Regarding my post #10303 what about some form of compensation for backers who've waited 2 years or more for their Pulse Infinity's? As surely you'll concede that this wait time is unacceptable and that backers should be recompensed for their patience.

No, I won't make that concession.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #10,308 of 13,800
So waiting 26 months (in my case) for my Pulse Infinity is perfectly acceptable in your opinion then? As there is clearly no need to make an appeasing conciliatory gesture to all those patient backers still waiting for their Pulse Infinity units. My goodness you must have no consumer conscience or sense of fairplay whatsoever.

No, I won't make that concession.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #10,309 of 13,800
Judging by the number of reported firmware and hardware issues identified by Pulse Infinity users I'd say that receiving an "Excellent Product" is highly unlikely. Frankly, it beggars belief that LH Labs are still shipping malfunctioning units to backers, but then do they really give a damn? Or have crowdfunding backers just been cash cows bankrolling their next scheme to squeeze more monies from gullible audiophiles?!?

Unacceptable is your definition. It may be two years from your original contribution, but how long has it been since your LAST upgrade contribution? You are already getting an excellent product for a very good price. There are no guarantees for value or delivery time in a crowd funding campaign, so I don't think that any kind of compensation for long delivery times is going to happen.

All of us who chose to wait for the 2.0 chassis option have waited a long time to receive our infinity DACs.

J.P.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #10,310 of 13,800
The problem with your argument is that there is no clear place to draw the line. My fulfillment took 24 months. Should I be compensated? What about someone at 20 months or 18? The compensation based on time waited is too squishy of a subject because someone will always feel like they were cheated because they were just before a somewhat arbitrary cut off.

So waiting 26 months (in my case) for my Pulse Infinity is perfectly acceptable in your opinion then? As there is clearly no need to make an appeasing conciliatory gesture to all those patient backers still waiting for their Pulse Infinity units. My goodness you must have no consumer conscience or sense of fairplay whatsoever.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #10,311 of 13,800
There is a clear demarcation at 24 months for numerous posters in this thread and this would seem to be an arbitrary point to begin seeking recompense from LH Labs for our long wait.

The problem with your argument is that there is no clear place to draw the line. My fulfillment took 24 months. Should I be compensated? What about someone at 20 months or 18? The compensation based on time waited is too squishy of a subject because someone will always feel like they were cheated because they were just before a somewhat arbitrary cut off.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #10,312 of 13,800
This is the risk of Crowdfunding a product. If you expect it to be on time in your hands, which in most other cases will not complete on time or some never complete at all. If you want a fixed time line, then buying retail is your only choice or buy off someone 2nd hand.

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #10,314 of 13,800
Trust me I have been asking LH Labs through tickets and the IGG comments page when my Pulse Infinity X will be sent out. I will keep doing this until I get the product. I still have not got my product for another campaign (not LH Labs) eventhough the final product has already hit the cinema a year ago. There are risks, delays and whatnot.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #10,315 of 13,800
My 2 Pulse Blues in case 2.0 arrived today. Just installed it but needed to rearrange the LPS4 since it did not come with the extra long power candle to the LPS4.

Have to track down the manual to figure out how it connects to phone or tablet.

It is a quick set up manual and now have it paired. Pretty quick pairing once I knew how.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #10,316 of 13,800
We had a firm date, it was 2 months ago, by the end of September....
And risk of crowdfuning or whatsoever....I don't mind, but I hope that after 2 years wait, all I get is not a faulty product....and with the report with firmware error, right/left channel not working, hisss.....I doubt so.
Even audio-gd's firmware seem more stable than LHLab.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #10,317 of 13,800
  We had a firm date, it was 2 months ago, by the end of September....
And risk of crowdfuning or whatsoever....I don't mind, but I hope that after 2 years wait, all I get is not a faulty product....and with the report with firmware error, right/left channel not working, hisss.....I doubt so.
Even audio-gd's firmware seem more stable than LHLab.

really.... you`re surprised they didnt make their deadline? lol as a Canadian backer I too am very scared of a defective product and having to ship this big item back and forth.... I won`t be tolerating much BS before I choose to sell it ...

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #10,318 of 13,800
For those of us who chose to wait for the 2.0 chassis, this was our choice and we knew there would be a delay. We were even given an option to go back to the 1.0 chassis late in the game to avoid the increasing delay in delivery. It was your choice (and mine), so tough shirt, and I am sorry that you want it both ways.

As for the 'high failure rate' yes, LH Labs products do have a higher failure rate than anyone would like to see. Still, out of thousands of products shipped I would say that the failure rate is still below 1%. Of course we hear about a lot more reports about units with problems than ones without problems. To this end, I am not trying to gloat, but my Pulse X∞ 2.0 has about 700 trouble free hours on it now and I anticipate years of trouble free service, as most owners will receive and NOT report on.

J.P.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #10,319 of 13,800
How about you see it this way : about 1℅ get the product working just right without no problem, the rest have from minor to big trouble but not being around head-fi and bitching about it ? Not everyone have time to register an account and whining. And hey, if the product really that great, care to explain why lhlab website is literally dead and not flooded with praise and review except 1 or 2 review scattered around the audio community ?
And one more thing, you have a product sit on your table, burn in 700 hours, you think " it's great, I can wait another one coming now " while we have NOTHING, that's the different between us.

Lastly, we contributed to 2.0 chassic thinking we will have it soon, not expected that some ******* amazon buyer will get it before us. Face it : Except some hardcore lhlab fan who clearly supported them and praise them like new Jesus, the rest was played like a fool. Crowfunding, risk or whatever, we are customers too, and customers never, ever get treated like **** like this. How about you take a look at the indiegogo site to see how people reply to lhlab now ?

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #10,320 of 13,800
Consider yourself a fool if you wish. The evidence is that LH Labs is shipping, albeit slower than all would like. Yes, I waited 22 1/2 months from my first campaign contribution until I received my DAC. Yes, I was frustrated. I am still waiting for more LH Labs products and don't expect to receive the last of them until some time in the middle of 2016. I have even made a few pointed posts about LH Labs, their inability to calculate a reasonable development, production and shipping schedule and their sometimes poor customer policies. The difference is that I don't go around ranting and raving calling them liars, cheats, and thieves. I don't go around crying about having 'bought' product in their indiegogo crowd funding campaigns and never receiving it. Ranting and raving does nothing to speed up delivery, it just makes people look immature and impatient.

While I am thrilled to have my Pulse X infinity DAC, I am greatly disillusioned with LH Labs for releasing even a few into the retail stream before delivering all units to campaign backers. At the same time, I do understand their need to feed the retail supply chain even a few units as early as possible to start building that business and to satisfy contracts that were signed before they fully understood the production delays that they have obviously experienced. If I were still waiting, I too would be thoroughly incensed at this. Unfortunately, they have had to do some things that nobody likes due to some poor judgement and ambitious planning. This will hurt them in the long run, but they have forced themselves into having to choose a path that they think will cause them the least damage. Hopefully they will learn from this and do better in the future. This has been precipitated in part by having a company owned and operated by engineers and salesmen. They could really use some hardcore business managers at the helm who can properly predict development, production and shipping schedules. I suffer from the same poor ability to calculate the completion time of a project, and when a manager asks me how long I might think 'two weeks'. This could work if everything goes right, but it never does. If I catch myself in time, I will triple my guess and this is often close to the actual cycle. LH Labs has yet to learn this, although they are getting better at it.

Bottom line is - Yes, they have our money, and we will eventually get our toys. There is little we can do but wait and occasionally push for updates.

J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back