Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 3, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #10,291 of 13,800
So does "Pulse campaign" include the indiegogo segment of things? I'm supposed to get an XFi and was told it will be more than a week until the boards for them come in. Sounds like we XFi backers will still be a bit. I'm curious though, if boards aren't in, does that mean there are less than 103 XFi backers? seems odd to me.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #10,293 of 13,800
Maybe. Perhaps Gavin was only referring to Pulse Infinity? Its just weird because the XFi has disappeared from the update chart and it seems a bit like everyone jumped ship from XFi to Infinity except for me. Otherwise, I feel like the lack of information would be a big deal on forums and such.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #10,295 of 13,800
Gavin, 

So will you cover shipping both ways for ALL overseas backers that experience problems/glitches with their Pulse Infinity units that require returning to LH Labs?  

Quote:

I just hopped into the ticket to see what was going on. Looks like a new issue. I'm glad Matt got the RMA process going for you. Of course we'll cover shipping both ways in this case.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #10,298 of 13,800
Speechless.

Actually I'm not.  I'd love to say I'm amazed by their attitude, but it's been clear for quite some time that original backers were becoming less and less of a priority and frankly this is consistent with the attitude (in public at least) of a certain individual in that company. The excuse that the Pulse "fizzled out" because it took too long to get to the market is disingenuous imho.  If they'd come out with a decent product, with a decent design, at a competitive price then it could have easily had a mature lifespan in the market of many years as plenty of other devices do.  The fact is, as a retail proposition the Pulse looked like crap compared to the competition, was overpriced, suffered too many failures, and was prematurely replaced with a new (slightly improved aesthetically) chassis. This was all compounded by the marketing-led approach of the company such that the Pulse was billed as the Second freakin' Coming when in actual fact it's just an ok sounding 9018 DAC just like the other two hundred on the market, except this one costs too much and looks like schiit.

God help those people who've bought into other LHL campaigns.

I couldn't agree more. I had the infinity and was so looking forward to it, thought it was going to be a TOP class dac and all. Well I can't say it's bad for the Indiegogo pricing of 900-1k usd, it does sound nice. But to say that it's worth 3199usd, I'm sorry that's just not it. I think it's a good buy at the Indiegogo pricing, possibly can compete with products another 20-30% more expensive than the Indiegogo pricing but that's really about it.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #10,299 of 13,800
Welp, agree with pedalhead....no matter how much some guys in this thread sugarcoat this DAC, it's still just an ok sounding 9018 DAC like a bunch of other DAC, and their technology for this DAC is 2 years late already. I trust that some device may need a burn in, but I hardly put my faith into it if some guy show me an USB cable and tell me this cable need a burn in too, an-USB-cable for christ's sake.
if anyone think I'm just a peasant without golden ears, read this below thread, or maybe in just 3 years gap they happen to invented some magic circuit and put it between the cable's layer, then it's my bad and sorry all.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/557358/do-cables-burn-in
Also, don't know why but those " I know your feeling, but trust me this DAC worth the wait " post getting on my nerves, yeah right....it's maaaaay be a great DAC, but as long as it's nowhere to be found on my desk, it's nothing.
Infinity multiplied with zero is zero, it's a fact, and I doubt that we will get it in Q1 2016.

Ah well, not attacking anyone, this is just my one sided opinion, cheer~

This thread become a happy thread with few people who got their Pulse, and a load of unhappy people who are waiting for 2 years but get nothing but an empty promise.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #10,300 of 13,800
I just hopped into the ticket to see what was going on. Looks like a new issue. I'm glad Matt got the RMA process going for you. Of course we'll cover shipping both ways in this case.

Hi Gavin,

I had to pay the shipping for LHLabs because my LPS has hum noise(right channel), when use both 12v and USB outputs, and now it seems that I need to send it back again because now it has hiss sound(right channel) using USB output with/without 12v output!

Should I request the money that I paid for shipping?

And I'm still waiting for my Pulse Infinity 2.0! 2 Years...

Regards

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #10,301 of 13,800
  Speechless.

Actually I'm not.  I'd love to say I'm amazed by their attitude, but it's been clear for quite some time that original backers were becoming less and less of a priority and frankly this is consistent with the attitude (in public at least) of a certain individual in that company. The excuse that the Pulse "fizzled out" because it took too long to get to the market is disingenuous imho.  If they'd come out with a decent product, with a decent design, at a competitive price then it could have easily had a mature lifespan in the market of many years as plenty of other devices do.  The fact is, as a retail proposition the Pulse looked like crap compared to the competition, was overpriced, suffered too many failures, and was prematurely replaced with a new (slightly improved aesthetically) chassis. This was all compounded by the marketing-led approach of the company such that the Pulse was billed as the Second freakin' Coming when in actual fact it's just an ok sounding 9018 DAC just like the other two hundred on the market, except this one costs too much and looks like schiit.

God help those people who've bought into other LHL campaigns.

This. I think it sounds okay for the backer price. Probably would be good value and recommended at the price they originally wanted to sell it at when they started the campaign.

At the MSRP they ended up at, nope.

The headphone stage is okay (if a bit cold sounding and needs to be paired with warmer sounding headphones IMO).

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #10,303 of 13,800
I can beat your wait by 2 months as I initially backed in late October 2013. Good grief that's 26 months ago and still no sign nor firm shipping date for my Pulse Infinity (chassis 2.0). :frowning2:

Surely we're all entitled to some compensatory gesture from LH Labs?!? Like a free cable or something!

Drsparis
: I originally backed Pulse on December 10, 2013 (then like many, upgraded incrementally as campaign unfolded).

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #10,304 of 13,800
Hi Gavin,

I had to pay the shipping for LHLabs because my LPS has hum noise(right channel), when use both 12v and USB outputs, and now it seems that I need to send it back again because now it has hiss sound(right channel) using USB output with/without 12v output!

Should I request the money that I paid for shipping?

And I'm still waiting for my Pulse Infinity 2.0! 2 Years...

Regards

Yes, bring that up in your ticket.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #10,305 of 13,800
Gavin,

Regarding my post #10303 what about some form of compensation for backers who've waited 2 years or more for their Pulse Infinity's? As surely you'll concede that this wait time is unacceptable and that backers should be recompensed for their patience.

Yes, bring that up in your ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back