Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 2, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #10,261 of 13,800
My Pulse Blue arrived today.  I have it hooked up via S/PDIF and am casually listening to music streamed from my phone via Tidal.  It's being upsampled by the Blue from 16bit/44.1kHz to 24bit/192kHz.  It's actually very good for Bluetooth.  I'll be listening more seriously after the work day is over but so far I'm pleased with how is sounds.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #10,262 of 13,800
if I have decideg for the Blue, I should have gotten it. But then the HPA came.

Enjoy Gery!

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #10,263 of 13,800
if I have decideg for the Blue, I should have gotten it. But then the HPA came.

Enjoy Gery!

Thanks Michael.  I hope you enjoy the HPA when it arrives.  Did you get the tube version?

The Blue is more for the other members of the family to stream from their phones through the multi/two channel system.  I'm currently using the Pulse X∞ with my headphones and will be using the Vi Tube DAC with the Source and my own PC audio server for listening through the multi/two channel system when it arrives.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #10,264 of 13,800
I got my Blue today as well. It sounds great for a bluetooth component and the build quality of the chassis is MUCH better than my V1 Pulse Infinity chassis. Seriously, the look and feel of the Blue makes the Infinity seem like a DIY toy that's half the price.

Since it took so long to get here I do not really need it anymore, I will be putting it up in the for sale forum if anyone is interested.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #10,265 of 13,800
@Gery
Yes! Can't wait. In mobile right now. Going to Naples. Brought my GO1K w/ my trusty HD-25.

@TeLight
I could have opted to V2 chassis. But couldn't stand the wait. Besides have an LPS4 to pair.

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #10,268 of 13,800
Do they think that asking backers who haven't received their Infinities to post reviews so they can sell in stock Infinities on Amazon is going to have good results?

I wonder if anyone got that email who hasn't received their infinity yet?

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #10,269 of 13,800
I have had my 2.0 infinity for several weeks now and will be happy to post a review on Amazon - once all backers have received theirs. I understand their need to get them on the market, but do not want them to screw over campaign backers, even if they appear to have released only eight units for retail sale. I know that I would be pissed as all hell if retail buyers were receiving units before I got mine. If they want to enter the market sooner, perhaps they should complete backer deliveries sooner.

And just in case you don't remember, I am still an LH Labs supporter. I want them to succeed, but some things just are not right!

J.P.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #10,271 of 13,800
Well - I had opened a ticket in which I complained about the Amazon Infinity Units while I and lots of other backers have not received ours.

This is the answer that I have got - I will refrain from commenting it due to my constantly increasing and upwelling anger ...

"Hello ...,

I understand what you are saying and I do appreciate it. We thank you for your support as if it weren't for you and backers like you, LH Labs wouldn't be here.

Gavin has said this was done:
"One of the lessons we learned from the original Geek Out Kickstarter campaign was that if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out. It’s like it reaches EOL a year and a half too early. So, with Pulse 2.0, we’ve been trying to strike a balance between delivering all campaign units and launching the product into the channel. Unfortunately, this overlap will naturally cause some consternation. I get it. And I’m sorry for it. But I hope you all, as original backers who really launched our company from the small four person crew we were, can understand that this is what’s best for the company long term.
I’ll commit to you to push Diana and her team to make this overlap as short as possible."

I'm not trying to justify the move with Gavin's words, but wanted to explain the motivation behind it. We're almost to the finish line and I ask for a little bit more patience. Once you receive your unit, I hope you'll think it was worth the wait. I'll do my best to get your unit out in the 2nd batch that will start shipping end of next week.

Again, I do appreciate your patience regarding this."

I have not left out anything but my name and have not altered any single letter.

So - my interpretation which may be right or may be wrong is that (other than written above I cannot hold back my comments)

1) LHLabs does no longer really care if their backers are angry and p.... off. That is when sweet words come into the game to soothe the crowd. The next step (learning from House of Cards) would be "self humiliation")

2) I understand that they need to sell units over regular channels for their MSRP at some Point in time. It seems as if this Point has come according to Gavin. (disregarding backers' Anger)

3) Thinking about this makes me wonder how long the funds they have made through KS and IGG will last? They say they were 4 people before KS/IGG - now they seem to be around 20. So You can calculate how much money they will need just to pay the staff. I don't know how much money they have received from KS and IGG after all deductions - but I wonder how long these funds will last?
I actually do not want to think this through completely - especially since I funded a WAVe and a HPA on top of the Infinity which seem to be still a Long waaay to go in the Pipeline.
I seriously hope that they don't run out of money until they have delivered.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #10,272 of 13,800
LH Labs reply is utterly unbelievable as they're basically saying "Thanks for helping our company to expand, but now backers are a low priority as we're prioritising retail fulfilment first, so you'll just have to wait for your units until we ship them".

LH Labs you need to get someone with authority here now to - 

- as your contemptuous attitude towards backers UTTERLY STINKS! 

Quote:
  Well - I had opened a ticket in which I complained about the Amazon Infinity Units while I and lots of other backers have not received ours.

This is the answer that I have got - I will refrain from commenting it due to my constantly increasing and upwelling anger ...

"Hello ...,

I understand what you are saying and I do appreciate it. We thank you for your support as if it weren't for you and backers like you, LH Labs wouldn't be here.

Gavin has said this was done:
"One of the lessons we learned from the original Geek Out Kickstarter campaign was that if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out. It’s like it reaches EOL a year and a half too early. So, with Pulse 2.0, we’ve been trying to strike a balance between delivering all campaign units and launching the product into the channel. Unfortunately, this overlap will naturally cause some consternation. I get it. And I’m sorry for it. But I hope you all, as original backers who really launched our company from the small four person crew we were, can understand that this is what’s best for the company long term.
I’ll commit to you to push Diana and her team to make this overlap as short as possible."

I'm not trying to justify the move with Gavin's words, but wanted to explain the motivation behind it. We're almost to the finish line and I ask for a little bit more patience. Once you receive your unit, I hope you'll think it was worth the wait. I'll do my best to get your unit out in the 2nd batch that will start shipping end of next week.

Again, I do appreciate your patience regarding this."

I have not left out anything but my name and have not altered any single letter.

So - my interpretation which may be right or may be wrong is that (other than written above I cannot hold back my comments)

1) LHLabs does no longer really care if their backers are angry and p.... off. That is when sweet words come into the game to soothe the crowd. The next step (learning from House of Cards) would be "self humiliation")

2) I understand that they need to sell units over regular channels for their MSRP at some Point in time. It seems as if this Point has come according to Gavin. (disregarding backers' Anger)

3) Thinking about this makes me wonder how long the funds they have made through KS and IGG will last? They say they were 4 people before KS/IGG - now they seem to be around 20. So You can calculate how much money they will need just to pay the staff. I don't know how much money they have received from KS and IGG after all deductions - but I wonder how long these funds will last?
I actually do not want to think this through completely - especially since I funded a WAVe and a HPA on top of the Infinity which seem to be still a Long waaay to go in the Pipeline.
I seriously hope that they don't run out of money until they have delivered.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #10,273 of 13,800
That is the most amazing response I have ever heard. Before this you pretty much hot the implied feeling that backer happiness wasn't their primary concern. I guess the feeling is now longer implied as that statement pretty much spells it. It basically says
"I know we are having a hard time fulfilling order for our backers who have been waiting 1-2+ years but we squandered our cash so we need to seek more revenue by selling the units that should be earmarked for you"
The funny (not really funny) thing is is that the units they are selling are the ones that were paid for by their backers. So they sell your unit at twice the price so they have enough money to make the unit they intend to send you later. I am in the wrong line of work.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #10,274 of 13,800

The reply was posted in LH's own forum but I guess nobody visits there anymore so nobody noticed except for the hardcore diehards.  Supposedly the GO campaign backers were a money losing proposition.  The cost was considered as market research or something.  So the same deal is going on here and all the Pulse backers are a money losing proposition anyway.  I'm assuming LH might be heading into the red so they need to move kit at retail prices asap.  

I was in the same state of mind everyone else is right now more than 6 months ago so I know how everyone feels.  I'm just lucky I got the stuff and can get off the bandwagon.  LH calls this crowd-design and it's the first and last time for me.  

The only good thing I have to say is that the electronics don't disappoint.   

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #10,275 of 13,800
Speechless.

Actually I'm not.  I'd love to say I'm amazed by their attitude, but it's been clear for quite some time that original backers were becoming less and less of a priority and frankly this is consistent with the attitude (in public at least) of a certain individual in that company. The excuse that the Pulse "fizzled out" because it took too long to get to the market is disingenuous imho.  If they'd come out with a decent product, with a decent design, at a competitive price then it could have easily had a mature lifespan in the market of many years as plenty of other devices do.  The fact is, as a retail proposition the Pulse looked like crap compared to the competition, was overpriced, suffered too many failures, and was prematurely replaced with a new (slightly improved aesthetically) chassis. This was all compounded by the marketing-led approach of the company such that the Pulse was billed as the Second freakin' Coming when in actual fact it's just an ok sounding 9018 DAC just like the other two hundred on the market, except this one costs too much and looks like schiit.

God help those people who've bought into other LHL campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back