Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #10,246 of 13,800
I'm still waiting...
mad.gif

As am I.

It just feels like LHlabs have no regard for their backers.
Supplying the retail market over fulfilling pledges to backers that have been waiting for years (with promised delivery delayed for months on end), really shows how they place their priorities.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #10,247 of 13,800

As am I.

It just feels like LHlabs have no regard for their backers.
Supplying the retail market over fulfilling pledges to backers that have been waiting for years (with promised delivery delayed for months on end), really shows how they place their priorities.

I too am still waiting. And I'm in the US (sort of), so there's no excuse for LHlabs re "foreign backer delay". Not tht that would be a good excuse in the first place

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #10,250 of 13,800
  Anyone still waiting for their Pulse Xf∞?  Amazon has 8 units in stock with version 2.0 chassis ready to ship!  I can't believe someone will get their unit before I did and I've been waiting for it for almost 2 yrs now.
mad.gif

Me too... backed in December 2013 for US delivery, still waiting. As tempting as it is to rant, there's not much else to say at this point. I just hope it works... my vanilla Pulse is back at LH Labs on RMA.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #10,251 of 13,800
  Today I give thanks that I came to my senses over a year ago and stopped any further purchases, perks, upgrades, or investments in vaporware from LHLabs. 

My Xfi has been returned to LHLabs once already and it has the SQ of DACs that I could purchase now for ~ $600-800 (I paid about $900 for Xfi plus LPS). Even now it shuts down about twice a day and must be power cycled, I have no interest in wasting time by sending it back again. Also have a vanilla Pulse on the way (and well past the date that was originally promised), that was part of the HE-560 bundle. I know all the crowdfunding caveats, but (with the notable exceptions of dealing with Gina and Stephanie) this company is just bad. Can not sell or give away in good conscience, so it will be the backup of my backup.

Good luck to all you Vi, Wave, Blue crowdfunders.

BTW - stopped playback mid-song as I was writing this post.

Before you leave Head-fi forever consider that there are some really good vintage DACs out there.. my Theta is 21 years old and plays better music than the Bifrost MB I also own. I bought it for a steal too before R2R craze went off at less than $300. Instant gratification, no waiting, no treble hash, just liquid bass and massive sound.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #10,254 of 13,800
So there are at least 10 of us that backed the Pulse Infinity (chassis 2.0) early on and yet we're still awaiting delivery. 
mad.gif

If I thought that LH Labs were reading this thread I'd call this an UTTERLY DIABOLICAL FARCE, but I seriously doubt whether they bother monitoring user forums anymore.   

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #10,255 of 13,800
I was told my Pulse Infinity is in the 2nd batch. So when will the shipping start?

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #10,256 of 13,800
I received the fob off below on 16th November after enquiring about Pulse Infinity shipping - 

This is Stephanie at LH labs, thank you for your time. Our second batch of Pulse Infinity units in the New Chassis are getting ready to ship out. Your unit will ship out in this batch :) When your unit is ready to leave our facility you will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number

what I find annoying is that there's never any firm shipping dates mentioned but just generalised banality about "Getting ready to ship out". For Chrissakes LH Labs are not logistical behemoths like FedEx, so packing up a few units and shipping them should be darned easy.
angry_face.gif

Quote:
  I was told my Pulse Infinity is in the 2nd batch. So when will the shipping start?

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #10,257 of 13,800

Before you leave Head-fi forever consider that there are some really good vintage DACs out there.. my Theta is 21 years old and plays better music than the Bifrost MB I also own. I bought it for a steal too before R2R craze went off at less than $300. Instant gratification, no waiting, no treble hash, just liquid bass and massive sound.

You mis-interpreted my Thanksgiving message. I'm not leaving Head-fi, just expressing thanks that I will have no further dealings with LHL including not going to the trouble of getting the intermittent and frequent issue with my Xfi repaired through their open-a-ticket, send-it-back routine. It is a decent sounding DAC, but I want to look forward and get a better sounding and more reliable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back