Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #9,031 of 13,800

Can LH labs update the production status page to reflect recent changes. For example, from an update 7 days ago:

5% of Infinities were supposed to be delivered by middle of August. Since it wasn't explicitly said from the update from Larry a week ago, I take it that this has changed quite a bit.

I have no visibility into the shipping side of things, just support, so I do not know where things stand currently.

Jody

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #9,032 of 13,800
While it was a bit tight, I am able to use the REGEN with Uptone supplied hard adapter and still plug in my XLRs for the balanced cables (Blue Jean Cables). There is a little push from the XLR plug onto the hard adapter, but not too much. All working fine.

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #9,033 of 13,800
  While it was a bit tight, I am able to use the REGEN with Uptone supplied hard adapter and still plug in my XLRs for the balanced cables (Blue Jean Cables). There is a little push from the XLR plug onto the hard adapter, but not too much. All working fine.

Good news. Maybe I'll just have to play with mine more or the XLR plugs might be a different shape. Thanks for the update

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #9,035 of 13,800
Wouldn't it be better to use the short white USB cable that's included with the unit?

Possibly, and good point, but was just trying to follow the instructions that say the short/hard plug is best to keep it as close to the input as possible. Cheers

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #9,036 of 13,800
Please try it, I would like to know if you notice any difference...

I believe at such a short distance, it shouldn't matter, and whatever change there could be, the benefit of not having any pressure on connectors would far outweigh any change in sound, plus you would still be getting the benefits of the REGEN in your chain.

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #9,037 of 13,800
Slightly off topic from the main discussion right now, but I have to say that using the Harmony Home remote with the smartphone option is awesome for controlling the Pulse. I am gonna pick one up again to have two separate units for my home audio and home video in my room. Seems turning it to my audio setup turns off my TV, maybe I can changethat but anyways, its really nice.

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #9,038 of 13,800
Slightly off topic from the main discussion right now, but I have to say that using the Harmony Home remote with the smartphone option is awesome for controlling the Pulse. I am gonna pick one up again to have two separate units for my home audio and home video in my room. Seems turning it to my audio setup turns off my TV, maybe I can changethat but anyways, its really nice.

Nice! It also makes it easy to integrate the Pulse in a Stereo/HomeTheater situation

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #9,040 of 13,800
Here is how my Main 0.0 solved:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=145185.msg1067012#msg1067012

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=145185.msg1067912#msg1067912

Btw I have part with all my LHLABS products... For info

I had this same issue, so thanks for this info. I was going to open a ticket and thought I would have to RMA my xfi.

My issue was discovered by playing certain familiar songs and not hearing correct levels on certain parts. For example, The Doobie Brothers "Minute By Minute" has a cheesy little synth solo at about 2:15, and I wasn't hearing it at a familiar level. It was barely audible. But, most other music seemed fine. This handshake process was the solution.

Thanks again, Alvin. You also came through (twice) with your Jay's Audio LPS. Excellent.

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #9,043 of 13,800

Even the original backers didn't necessarily pay the same. It depends on when they backed each upgrade and if they backed the GO Kickstarter or not.

Exactly. There were an infinite number of ways to get to that point. Maybe that's the reason they called it the Infinity? 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #9,044 of 13,800

Even the original backers didn't necessarily pay the same. It depends on when they backed each upgrade and if they backed the GO Kickstarter or not.

Exactly. There were an infinite number of ways to get to that point. Maybe that's the reason they called it the Infinity? 
evil_smiley.gif

Oy...This will go on forever.....

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #9,045 of 13,800
Just for the sake of discussion.

I did some math... My Pulse Infinity cost me $905...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back