Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Aug 17, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #8,926 of 13,800
  that pretty much sums it all!

deadhorse.gif
LOL!

Leo

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #8,927 of 13,800
I almist feel there are two Pulses. One is a bit lacking in the bass department and needs to be paired with warmer headpones and the other cersion does not.

Either that or people are just different.

I read on some old post from Larry Ho that he found the Infinity with the AQ2M chip warmer and ever slightly bass tilted relative to the K2M chip. 

I have 2 XFi units and neither of them are lacking in the bass department. They are not bass boosted but they are not lacking. I'd check the cables (USB and RCA) as well as the amp being used. Some cables will result in a leaner sound. As will some amps. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #8,928 of 13,800
Well, if it all goes well, finally we will be having a DSD256 update. 

I could finally savor my (very) limited DSD256 albums. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #8,929 of 13,800
I never really understood DSD. I know it is the format for SACDs, but how can you get the digital files? does it just mean we would need SACD players or readers or something?

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #8,932 of 13,800
Aug 18, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #8,933 of 13,800
Hi Guys, would you say that your Geek Pulse requires a warm up period? Or is it good to go right from turning it on? Is it not advised to turn it off? The lights from the unit are very distracting when trying to sleep you see.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #8,935 of 13,800
Hi Guys, would you say that your Geek Pulse requires a warm up period? Or is it good to go right from turning it on? Is it not advised to turn it off? The lights from the unit are very distracting when trying to sleep you see.

If yours has the femto clocks then for sure they need warm-up.  I don't know for sure since I'm still waiting on my Vi DAC.  

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #8,938 of 13,800
I'm having an infuriating time this morning trying to get my Pulse X Infinity working with my new laptop. I seem to be in an infinite loop of installing driver, disconnecting and reconnecting the Pulse, powering on/off the laptop and the Pulse, switching USB ports etc etc.  Occasionally I've managed to get the device recognised by Windows, and yet it doesn't appear in the Windows playback devices dialogue box. I had some trouble with it on my previous laptop now & again, but nothing like this.  Out of all the USB DACs I've used, I have never had any issues that come anywhere near the flakiness of this one when trying to get it recognised properly in Windows. For those who've been requesting my updated thoughts on the Pulse X Infinity v DiDiT DAC212, for now I rest my case.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #8,939 of 13,800
Try a different USB Cable. U still have your old laptop? Tests between the two could still be helpfull in troubleshooting. If old one "yes" and new one "no" could be something with the BIOS or driver of your motherboard. Check those are the latest version too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back