Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 16, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #8,011 of 13,800
Warranty is 'transferable' - as long as you can "provide proof of purchase (such as a receipt)". Officially, you can't, but unofficially, there's no reason why not - just have the proof of purchase. This is standard practice across other electronic gadgets too.
http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000547780-is-the-warranty-on-my-lh-labs-product-transferable-

Worst case scenario, you just need the original owner to help you process the RMA

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #8,012 of 13,800
Warranty is 'transferable' - as long as you can "provide [COLOR=333333]proof of purchase (such as a receipt)". Officially, you can't, but unofficially, there's no reason why not - just have the proof of purchase. This is standard practice across other electronic gadgets too.[/COLOR]
http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000547780-is-the-warranty-on-my-lh-labs-product-transferable-

Worst case scenario, you just need the original owner to help you process the RMA

I hope you are right but they have outright said many times that warranties on any crowdfunded products are specifically not transferable. And this specifically to discourage after market sales of the crowdfunded products.

Given the amount of angst this has caused already I think it is more than likely that the original owner will have to submit the rma.

Also what is the proof of purchase? The indiegogo receipt?

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #8,015 of 13,800
from

http://lhlabs.com/force/customer-happiness-post-concerns/3508-transferable-warranty-in-pulse-campaign

Gavin Fish said:

Please remember, everyone. transferable warranties in consumer electronics are very rare, especially in our price range. There's a common misunderstanding that if a product is never registered, that later it can be sold and the new owner can simply register it. But most manufacturers, including all the ones I've worked for, require proof of purchase from an authorized reseller.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #8,019 of 13,800
Jriver is a notch up from foobar.

Guys try this.
http://lhlabs.com/force/general/2107-jriver-dsd-sampling-rate-reporting#33288 ( Scenario 1 )

It upsamples everything to DSD, let me know if it improves your SQ :)

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #8,020 of 13,800
Jriver is a notch up from foobar.

Guys try this.
http://lhlabs.com/force/general/2107-jriver-dsd-sampling-rate-reporting#33288 ( Scenario 1 )

It upsamples everything to DSD, let me know if it improves your SQ
smily_headphones1.gif

It does slightly to me, but it also could be placebo. I've been doing that for awhile.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #8,021 of 13,800
Jun 17, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #8,022 of 13,800
I have tried and tried and tried, but I can't blind A/B any of the digital modes.  I love my Infinity and it sounds amazing, but to my ears, all the digital modes sound the same.  I keep it on FTM just because...

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #8,023 of 13,800
  I have tried and tried and tried, but I can't blind A/B any of the digital modes.  I love my Infinity and it sounds amazing, but to my ears, all the digital modes sound the same.  I keep it on FTM just because...

I think the FTM is still in development as well as the SSM one. 

The others will really only shine through as apparent differences when you are actually using the types of songs that they do best with, otherwise the effects might not be as significant. FTM is the best of both worlds so to speak so if they all sound the same then use the one that is supposed to be the best of all of them, which is what you are using.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #8,024 of 13,800
There's not a huge difference between the two modes, but it's noticeable enough that I can pick them up when A/B-ing.

I have 2 Geek Outs and I was listening to two headphone rigs (one with the STAX SRS-2170, the other was with a HE1000).

The HE1000 rig was previously setup and I noticed that the STAX rig sounded much brighter/harsher than it usually does. Indeed, the GO is automatically configured by default to the TCM mode and I find that mode to sound harsh compared to FRM mode (which is what the HE1000 rig had on).

From my experience:
  • TCM sounds harsher, has a smaller soundstage, better instrument separation
  • FRM sounds smooth, instrument separation is slightly blurred, and the soundstage opens up

As I mentioned earlier, FTM mode takes the best qualities of both from what I hear.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #8,025 of 13,800
There's not a huge difference between the two modes, but it's noticeable enough that I can pick them up when A/B-ing.

I have 2 Geek Outs and I was listening to two headphone rigs (one with the STAX SRS-2170, the other was with a HE1000).

The HE1000 rig was previously setup and I noticed that the STAX rig sounded much brighter/harsher than it usually does. Indeed, the GO is automatically configured by default to the TCM mode and I find that mode to sound harsh compared to FRM mode (which is what the HE1000 rig had on).

From my experience:
  1. TCM sounds harsher, has a smaller soundstage, better instrument separation
  2. FRM sounds smooth, instrument separation is slightly blurred, and the soundstage opens up

As I mentioned earlier, FTM mode takes the best qualities of both from what I hear.

Don't you do a lot of YouTube videos?  You and a friend should make a video of you blind A/B-ing the different modes!  That would put a lot of the nay-sayers, who claim femto clocks are a total waste, in their place.  I don't have the ears for it.  Tinnitus FTL. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back