Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 11, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #7,876 of 13,800

I don't think anyone called you an idiot. You had questions, I answered in what I thought was a helpful way. Good luck with your unit.

Totally agree. People on the threads try to be helpful and if the answer comes across as too basic then I hope others wouldn't take it personally! 

Cheers 

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #7,877 of 13,800
Any Geek Pulse Infinity comparison with other mid to highend DAC or DAC/Amp combo?

Or we just kind of enjoying the music and flipping the music archives? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #7,878 of 13,800
  Any Geek Pulse Infinity comparison with other mid to highend DAC or DAC/Amp combo?

Or we just kind of enjoying the music and flipping the music archives? 
biggrin.gif

I'll be working on one in the near future, Mickey..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771119/review-didit-dac212-dac-amp-incl-comparisons-with-chord-hugo-tt-soon-lh-pulse-infinity

Just need to spend some more time with the Pulse Infinity to make it a fair comparison.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #7,879 of 13,800

I'll be working on one in the near future, Mickey..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771119/review-didit-dac212-dac-amp-incl-comparisons-with-chord-hugo-tt-soon-lh-pulse-infinity

Just need to spend some more time with the Pulse Infinity to make it a fair comparison.

Great review Mark. Highly recommended reading to everyone here. Cheers 

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #7,881 of 13,800
@pedalhead

I FELT you Bro.!
biggrin.gif

Interesting that Didit DAC/Amp. Have more or less the same component choices as with the Pulse Infinity.

On with the pedal!

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #7,882 of 13,800
@pedalhead

I FELT you Bro.! :D  

Interesting that Didit DAC/Amp. Have more or less the same component choices as with the Pulse Infinity.

On with the pedal!

Don't think the choices were all that similar though. They used 3 femto clocks, the ESS 9018S chip (although not sure if only using 1 of them or 2 of them) and internal smps plus lots and lots of on board voltage regulation rather than external 12v DC power supply.

The Infinity board is a lot less dense does not have the shielding of the DiDIT (although maybe arguable it doesnt need so much shielding because it doesn't have to live with a huge transformer and smps components sitting right next to the DAC section) and the price is unknown but the Chord Hugo TT is something like $4000 USD?

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #7,883 of 13,800
I just bought and am waiting a Xfi from a head-fier in Australia.
Do you call it infinity?
How does it compare to Matrix x sabre or Yulong Dac?

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #7,884 of 13,800
Do you call it infinity?

I had a Yulong DA8 before the Infinity.  While I think the DA8 is a great value at its price point, the Infinity mops the floor with it.  It is just in a different class all together.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #7,885 of 13,800
Do you call it infinity?

The XFi and the Infinity are not the same. I've looked briefly for a spec list because I remember seeing the differences posted but can't find it right now.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #7,886 of 13,800

The XFi and the Infinity are not the same. I've looked briefly for a spec list because I remember seeing the differences posted but can't find it right now.

Infinity is an Xfi with the naked resistor and THD mods/perks. Some started calling it the Xfi - NT and such and that morphed into "Infinity".  

Cheers 

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #7,888 of 13,800
And the new AQ2M DAC chip

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #7,890 of 13,800
  @pedalhead

I FELT you Bro.!
biggrin.gif

On with the pedal!

Haha, always pedalling mate (actually, got a 12 hour race tomorrow 
biggrin.gif
 )

Don't think the choices were all that similar though. They used 3 femto clocks, the ESS 9018S chip (although not sure if only using 1 of them or 2 of them) and internal smps plus lots and lots of on board voltage regulation rather than external 12v DC power supply.

The Infinity board is a lot less dense does not have the shielding of the DiDIT (although maybe arguable it doesnt need so much shielding because it doesn't have to live with a huge transformer and smps components sitting right next to the DAC section) and the price is unknown but the Chord Hugo TT is something like $4000 USD?

The DAC212 uses a single 9018 in 2x4 - this is a pretty common method I think. Everything gets oversampled to 1.5Mhz on the input, and of course 32-bit volume control before the OS. The DAC212 release price it 3,000 euros (DiDiT website), which at current exchange rates is under £2200, or $3400 USD. The Hugo TT in the UK is £3000.  I should update my review actually as I didn't realise the euro was so weak against sterling right now 
tongue.gif

On a completely different note...I've been involved in this campaign pretty much since the beginning, but I'm still not sure if the official name for the Infinity is "Pulse X Infinity" or "Pulse Infinity".  Anyone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back