Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 19, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #7,351 of 13,800
True, and I wouldn't feel right selling it with the risk that something could be faulty.

The problem is the issues reported are varied including the digital inputs not working. I don't have any spdif sources right now ... How to test all use cases ...

Hopefully they do test each infinity as they come off the line ... I have still no news of when they are shipping mine.

The way they seem to try to avoid criticism these days is to just refuse to give any information.

May 19, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #7,353 of 13,800
The problem is the issues reported are varied including the digital inputs not working. I don't have any spdif sources right now ... How to test all use cases ...

Hopefully they do test each infinity as they come off the line ... I have still no news of when they are shipping mine.

The way they seem to try to avoid criticism these days is to just refuse to give any information.

Hopefully they test each PULSE as it comes off the line - base, S, Sfi, X, Xfi, Infinity or otherwise 
wink.gif

Luckily I've got plenty of sources, preamp, headphones, amps and speakers and such to cover just about any use case. So I should be able to do a fairly thorough testing job, though there are so many variables something could slip through however unlikely.

May 19, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #7,354 of 13,800
  Hopefully they test each PULSE as it comes off the line - base, S, Sfi, X, Xfi, Infinity or otherwise 
wink.gif

Luckily I've got plenty of sources, preamp, headphones, amps and speakers and such to cover just about any use case. So I should be able to do a fairly thorough testing job, though there are so many variables something could slip through however unlikely.

See, this is something that I find interesting. Not too take anything away from the geek pulse's performance (it's really great) but I feel like I (and perhaps others as well) feel more relieved than excited about how it sounds when listening to the pulse because of all the bumps along the production line before I finally received the final product. After all, the human mind plays a powerful role in how we interpret things. 

May 19, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #7,355 of 13,800
  I've just bailed out in the last hour and asked them to ship my Infinity with the original chassis. I can't see enough progress with the new chassis to justify the indefinite wait.

I am happy with my Old Chassis choice!

beerchug.gif

May 19, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #7,359 of 13,800
  I'm going to stick with the new chassis. I'll be using the Pulse Infinity with the HPA so I'm in no rush to receive it. And who knows, maybe by the time it gets here I'll have moved on. I feel that having the new chassis will help with resale if necessary.

+1
that's a big Me Too!

May 19, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #7,360 of 13,800
I too am sticking with the new chassis - for now. Once we have some final dimensions and general aesthetics I will make my final decision. If at that time I am stuck with the new chassis then so be it. It is not THAT critical and to me worth the gamble and some delay in delivery.

J.P.

May 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #7,361 of 13,800
Staying with the new chassis also!

May 20, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #7,365 of 13,800

How is the new chassis gonna improve sound quality?

Lager chassis allows for larger and more optimally separated sections of PCB. Power, digital and analog sections separated from one another...less noise pollution and interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back