Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 18, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #7,336 of 13,800
  I had a channel drop out (with static) on me when I changed the filters during playback.  I freaked out a little since I had just gotten it back from LHLabs for repairs.  Restarting my computer fixed everything and I am quite enjoying the FTM filter now.

That used to happen before I let the pulse on at all time. I used to just switch between filters and it would be ok. I don't know if it's a timing kind of thing, but, generally speaking, "restarting the connexion" in any way solved the issue.

May 18, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #7,340 of 13,800
Hmm, just a quick observation but the Sfi with the HE-500. While the Sfi definitely has more bass detail, I feel like it doesn't have the same slam or authority when compared to the mini x. I am not really a basshead but when listening to EDM, I do like to have a bit of slam and I feel like the Sfi is a tad bit tame in that regards. Perhaps someone else has had different results?

May 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #7,345 of 13,800
  Hmm, just a quick observation but the Sfi with the HE-500. While the Sfi definitely has more bass detail, I feel like it doesn't have the same slam or authority when compared to the mini x. I am not really a basshead but when listening to EDM, I do like to have a bit of slam and I feel like the Sfi is a tad bit tame in that regards. Perhaps someone else has had different results?

That I can agree. The unit is quite polite while still being warm.

May 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #7,346 of 13,800
Finally... after a week in pre-shipment purgatory, I've received word that my Geek Pulse X is on its way and should be here tomorrow! Almost can't believe it is actually happening 
redface.gif

Now the big decision: open it up and take a listen or... and I know this may sound unnecessarily negative and petty at this final stage... keep it sealed, put it up for sale and wash my hands of the last 535 days, 7300+ posts in this long thread, umpteen upgrade/new product temptations, firmware worries, glitch concerns, etc. etc.

There, I said it.

Oh who am I kidding. I'll be tearing into it as soon as I get my hands on the box. A new piece of audio equipment can't cross my threshold without at least a listen. 
L3000.gif

May 19, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7,347 of 13,800
  Finally... after a week in pre-shipment purgatory, I've received word that my Geek Pulse X is on its way and should be here tomorrow! Almost can't believe it is actually happening 
redface.gif

Now the big decision: open it up and take a listen or... and I know this may sound unnecessarily negative and petty at this final stage... keep it sealed, put it up for sale and wash my hands of the last 535 days, 7300+ posts in this long thread, umpteen upgrade/new product temptations, firmware worries, glitch concerns, etc. etc.

There, I said it.

Oh who am I kidding. I'll be tearing into it as soon as I get my hands on the box. A new piece of audio equipment can't cross my threshold without at least a listen. 
L3000.gif

Anyway, it'll be worth more on the used market if you've first tested that it's not faulty 
wink.gif

May 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,348 of 13,800
redface.gif

There, I said it.

L3000.gif

As much as I get your disappointment, you really should give it a go. I love my basic Pulse and am awaiting the delivery of the old chassis Infinity which should be here in a couple of days. As bad as the wait, communication (or lack thereof) has been, the product is great. Especially if you got in on the ground floor or close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back