Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #6,421 of 13,800
Mar 14, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #6,422 of 13,800
The Verb I received is either defective, or it is just an absolutely terrible IEM.

Massive channel imbalance. $4 iem sound quality, and I used a ctia 3.5mm adapter just in case... made it worse, so it appears to be working normally. Holding the mic button just activates the mic on my Oneplus One.

The Verb will reflect very poorly on LH if they all sound like this. My first disappointment from them.

With all the good Chinese OEMs out there, why they went with this I just don't understand.

This is not something burn in will fix either.

Probably defective. I don't have any channel imbalance with mine. The mids are too recessed for my tastes, but there's massive bass so they're fun. I have GR07 and RE600 so those are what I mostly listen with, but for the $40 I paid, I'm pretty happy with the Verbs and they're a fun diversion when I want to listen to some hip hop or EDM. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #6,423 of 13,800
Wow, shortest impressions post ever on head-fi! Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

and I know what mbp. is??
Not

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #6,426 of 13,800
I need another ortho runner and wanted a unit with dac, if just one customer complains another ten have issues and are not speaking up. The Geek Pulse is off the list........

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #6,429 of 13,800
Mar 15, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #6,430 of 13,800
Hi all,

As it has only been mentioned in the Geek Wave thread so far, the LH Labs and Light Harmonic websites are currently down.

I just spoke to Casey and Gavin and they are currently working on getting it fixed.

I am unsure of an eta for it being back up, but we will update as we are able.

Jody

Mar 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #6,431 of 13,800
  Hi all,

As it has only been mentioned in the Geek Wave thread so far, the LH Labs and Light Harmonic websites are currently down.

I just spoke to Casey and Gavin and they are currently working on getting it fixed.

I am unsure of an eta for it being back up, but we will update as we are able.

Jody

Thanks Jody. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #6,432 of 13,800
Does anyone know how LH Labs knows where to ship the unit if one was not an early backer and wasn't given a tracking password? I'm just curious, but I know nothing on Indiegogo asked me for my address besides billing address. How does it work?

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #6,433 of 13,800
  I need another ortho runner and wanted a unit with dac, if just one customer complains another ten have issues and are not speaking up. The Geek Pulse is off the list........

If you've already pledged for one through Indiegogo you're getting one whether you want it now or not.  Too late.
If you haven't already pledged for one then too late.  You'll have to wait for retail availability and pay full price.  And by then all of the problems will have been worked out.

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #6,434 of 13,800
  Does anyone know how LH Labs knows where to ship the unit if one was not an early backer and wasn't given a tracking password? I'm just curious, but I know nothing on Indiegogo asked me for my address besides billing address. How does it work?

When you complete the contribution process on IGG you are asked for your shipping address.

If you did not provide that information, please open a support ticket at support.lhlabs.com (when the website comes back up later) with your name, the email address used for your IGG account, and your shipping address, and they can get it added.

Jody

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #6,435 of 13,800
When you complete the contribution process on IGG you are asked for your shipping address.

If you did not provide that information, please open a support ticket at support.lhlabs.com (when the website comes back up later) with your name, the email address used for your IGG account, and your shipping address, and they can get it added.

Jody

The support website can be accessed directly, it's not down, here is the link: https://lhlabs.freshdesk.com/support/home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back