Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 30, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #4,891 of 13,800

Bad analogy all around - in the U.S. the diesel filler nozzles are larger in diameter than gasoline. It is not possible accidentally put diesel fuel into a gasoline vehicle when filling up at a station, unless the manufacturer installed a diesel-sized fuel filler tube on a gasoline car.

Ok....so putting gas in your diesel tank.....You get my point.  

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #4,892 of 13,800
Clearly, there is some minority of customers that are experiencing problems. And from what I've read, LHLabs appears to be addressing those concerns. My fingers are crossed that the unit I receive is in full working order and won't need a return. 

I am not suggesting that customers' concerns aren't important or that problems shouldn't be addressed; however, within 90 minutes, you've gone from "much larger widespread distro of faulty units" to "I realize that the complainers may be a small minority". Perhaps a bar or a bus-station might be a more appropriate venue for your angry and constantly-changing rantings than a semi-permanent record in a forum? 

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #4,893 of 13,800

Bad analogy all around - in the U.S. the diesel filler nozzles are larger in diameter than gasoline. It is not possible accidentally put diesel fuel into a gasoline vehicle when filling up at a station, unless the manufacturer installed a diesel-sized fuel filler tube on a gasoline car.

He got it backwards. I've definitely heard of people whose significant others or family were borrowing their DIESEL car and put unleaded in. That doesn't make it a bad analogy.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,894 of 13,800
Well, I've filled my diesel up with super unleaded before (it was the expensive high octane stuff too).  In fairness, I was just back from Australia having driven a petrol car for a few weeks and I was highly jet lagged.  Morale of the story...don't flash your firmware when you're jet lagged.  Or something.  

(I still don't buy that there can't be a sanity check in the firmware installer to check what hardware you're applying the firmware to).

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #4,895 of 13,800
Jan 30, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #4,897 of 13,800
  Referring to this post... http://lhlabs.com/force/customer-happiness-bug-reports/3304-resolved-unable-to-reply-posts-on-my-own-forum-thread

Wow, is it really the case that new users on the LH forum now have to have their first 30 posts manually approved before being able to post freely??  I can think of so many reasons this is a bad idea, but won't list them yet in case I have the wrong end of the stick.

This is mainly to stem the unnecessary flood of new topics being created by users who don't know how to navigate the system.  I personally moderate every single post and thread creation.  Believe me, it's not something I "enjoy" doing but if it cleans up the forum just that much more I'm all for the extra time spent doing it.  

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #4,898 of 13,800
  In my long and varied experience in tech support and customer service, the number of people that take the time to make complaints are much higher than those that take the time to provide praise.

It is just one of those givens in any industry.

Using the number of complaints found in a forum or two to say there is a widespread problem with a product is, in my opinion, foolish and just plain irresponsible. Especially when you do not even have experience using those products.

Just my $0.02.

30 is a bit extreme.

But i know some forum does require at least 3, 5, or 10 and above to make sure you can post.

Especially when the moderator start to notice spamming, trolling, etc. becoming rampage on the forum. 

Complains are almost always done by the vocal minority, and in this case, vocal minorities who are not familiar with how crow funding project works.

As for failure rate vs review rate.

let's look at it from the Geek Out campaign.

Was there glitches and bug being posted and discussed? Yes.

Was it many different ones? No.. no really... often the same bug or the same person posted on different forums.

Now let's look at the amount of Geek out shipped vs. reviews.

Was a good sized amount of them shipped? Yes.. Perhaps in Thousands, but how many actual review write up do we have?

oh yeah....on this site/forum. 2, and a few there and here on major audio sites.

I'm sorry, but assuming the product is having high failure rate by comparing reported failures vs review is not in anyway, shape, or form an accurate estimate of products's actual failure rate and quality control.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #4,899 of 13,800
  30 is a bit extreme.

But i know some forum does require at least 3, 5, or 10 and above to make sure you can post.

Especially when the moderator start to notice spamming, trolling, etc. becoming rampage on the forum. 

Complains are almost always done by the vocal minority, and in this case, vocal minorities who are not familiar with how crow funding project works.

As for failure rate vs review rate.

let's look at it from the Geek Out campaign.

Was there glitches and bug being posted and discussed? Yes.

Was it many different ones? No.. no really... often the same bug or the same person posted on different forums.

Now let's look at the amount of Geek out shipped vs. reviews.

Was a good sized amount of them shipped? Yes.. Perhaps in Thousands, but how many actual review write up do we have?

oh yeah....on this site/forum. 2, and a few there and here on major audio sites.

I'm sorry, but assuming the product is having high failure rate by comparing reported failures vs review is not in anyway, shape, or form an accurate estimate of products's actual failure rate and quality control.

If you're looking for an approximate number of reviews its around 30+ mainstream and tech media reviews for Geek Out with more flowing in.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #4,900 of 13,800
Maybe those that fear bugs can request to be placed at the back of the line, then when theirs ships it might be a rev. B Pulse or something :)

...this way I can possibly get my Pulse sooner!

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #4,901 of 13,800

If you're looking for an approximate number of reviews its around 30+ mainstream and tech media reviews for Geek Out with more flowing in.

welp. you got me there, I guess the one in charge of customer relationship will always know how many reviews there are.

But my point still stands the number of reviews still doesn't come close to how many being shipped ..... trying to judge a products reliability based on number of review vs negative complains..... really doesn't work.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #4,902 of 13,800
when I get my pulse if it is everything it's cracked up to be I will gladly issue an apology and a mea culpa. this is not my first experience dealing with a crowdfunding or a small audio company. In the past I've had small and not so small issues arise with both garage 1217 and Schiit. both of those instances they responded in a timely manner and treated me in a way that made me feel valued as a customer. LH labs however has not extended me that courtesy and I have had to open multiple tickets with multiple errors in billing and invoicing as well as erroneouus instructions from LH and as a result I turn to posting on this forum to relay my disappointment and experiences. Perhaps by extrapolation has made things seem a little more rampant the reality but logic tells me that if there were problems with initial firmware they went out on all those units shipped and I consider those faulty units. I am glad that LH is trying to make everything right with everybody however IMHO they need to be a more responsive with better communication and perhaps a little more stringency exercised on the QC and units not shipped until they are. a little more bug free. still dealing with customer service to get my invoicing issues resolved seems to educate me on a daily basis perhaps when all that is settled it will be a little easier to focus on what matters most and that is the music

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #4,903 of 13,800
I have made the suggestion to LH labs that they change their return refund policy on the website to clearly state that IndieGoGo and IndieGoGo forever funding campaigns are excluded from the return policy. I had waited until units were being shipped and was in the forever funding stage believing and understanding that although it wasn't getting the lowest initial price offered it was still a bit of a bargain and that if there was an issue that return option would be available to me. knowledge to the contrary certainly would have affected or influenced my decision. I don't know about a lot of you but this is a considerable large purchase for me and my concern seems very real and tangible at this point.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #4,904 of 13,800

welp. you got me there, I guess the one in charge of customer relationship will always know how many reviews there are.

But my point still stands the number of reviews still doesn't come close to how many being shipped ..... trying to judge a products reliability based on number of review vs negative complains..... really doesn't work.

I agree with you.  

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #4,905 of 13,800
I have made the suggestion to LH labs that they change their return refund policy on the website to clearly state that IndieGoGo and IndieGoGo forever funding campaigns are excluded from the return policy. I had waited until units were being shipped and was in the forever funding stage believing and understanding that although it wasn't getting the lowest initial price offered it was still a bit of a bargain and that if there was an issue that return option would be available to me. knowledge to the contrary certainly would have affected or influenced my decision. I don't know about a lot of you but this is a considerable large purchase for me and my concern seems very real and tangible at this point.

I totally agree with this, from no refunds no returns etc etc, all that stuff needs to be clear.  Especially when most of their products are INDIEGOGO, so please don't tell me I have 7 days and that satisfaction is guaranteed.  This is the end of crowdfunding from me.  Still, it was one of the best marketing campaigns ever, thanks to DAVINCI, LOL, I fell for LEAONARDO!!!!!. Larry you da man!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back