Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #3,736 of 13,800
Sooo.....we will have a new Geek Pulse XfitHD ?
....what's next ? Geek Pulse XfitHD Ultra Mega Uber ? This one just keep evolving, you just take your eyes off a little bit and....tah dah !! New perk, better " Geek Pulse ", " limited "...

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #3,739 of 13,800

I don't understand the 'movin on up' for $4.

If I own nothing now and have not contributed, and I want to end up with a Pulse Xfi at $399 + 506, how do I that?  Do I put the Pulse @ $399 in may cart first and buy?  Then buy 'movn on up' for $4?  But how do I indicate I want to move up from Pulse to Pulse Xfi for $506 and when/where do I input that?

Does this appear to be a shell game by design, or am I just not understanding something basic here?

Buy pulse then 'movin on up' and adjust payment on the next page to $506.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #3,740 of 13,800
Sigh....not that I want to whine all over this, but I ordered a Geek Pulse Xfi, a year ago I thought Geek Pulse Xfi " may be " will arrive before October, my birthday....but nope, well, they have their reason so yeah, " may be " before Thanksgiving ? But nope, ok.... " may be " before X'Mas...nope, sorry again. But the new perk, new feature, new product keep coming, new bundle such as LCD bundle, Abyss bundle, Audioengine bundle....they keep the newcomers on a roller coaster ride but it's not like everyone have money and time for that roller coaster ride. Someone just want what they ordered, nice and neat like what LHLabs promised them, not some new " perk " and " feature " that want more money from your wallet.

Sorry for my negative post, I was just frustrated and feel tired for waiting so long.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #3,741 of 13,800
If the base Geek Pulse is indeed an amazeaballz desktop DAC/Amp as it was first touted to be at the start of the original campaign...

then the Geek Heart Soul Brain Tube xfi Gold Ultimate Ltd-Ed Ltd-time-only 5-in-the-world-only with Quad Femto Clocks, Diamond-Encrusted Knobs, Ultracircuitry, Megacomponent All-in-One Ultima-giga-ownagery-THD-SNR-Interstellar-Plasma-Upgrade must surely be a teleportation device which transports you right in front of your favorite artists for them to perform right in front of your face.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #3,743 of 13,800
  This whole forever campaign thing is going to end in a few days so I think this is it, by the way the campaign should've ended long time ago IMHO.

The Pulse campaign will end on Dec 27.
the next LH campaign on IGG is sure to follow in 2015.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3,744 of 13,800
LOL. The Geek wave campaign has already started.

By the way, anyone who's got the Wave XD from the earlier campaign shouldn't get heartburn after seeing the new Wave XD at a lower price point. The new one doesn't seem to have Femto clocks.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #3,745 of 13,800
Geek Wave campaign is over isn't it?

February 2015 appears to be the prime time to begin a new
 Geek Cloud 
campaign on IGG!

all your devices held in the amazing intranets cloud, along with your streaming Library content for a year, or 3!
as long as North Korea doesn't hack your content first.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,746 of 13,800

I did open a ticket last Friday, and only got a response yesterday. I was told that costumer service will report it to Gavin and maybe he will do something.
I highly doubt anything will be done though.

I had a similar issue with their Audeze LCD XC/3 bundles. Since I backed too early, I had to go through the "Old Friends" perk to get a LCD3. However, it was $378 more than what bundle was going for. I emailed them, both Casey and Tami told me I had to pay that difference still. I decided not to join the "Old Friends" perk, but didn't mind because I rather have the Pulse Xfi instead of the Pulse X anyways. And maybe it was because I have the Pulse Xfi.
I opened another ticket, explaining the situation for those who got the Pulse X:
Pulse X + LCD3: $2145
Pulse X + "Old Friends" LCD3: $777 + $1746 = $2523
Stephanie, who answered this ticket, told me she'll talk to her supervisors. Then the very next day, they closed the Audeze bundles.

Now they decided to add the "movin' on up" perk. People who joined the Audeze LCD3 (which was only one I think, but still), not only got the LCD3 for $1368, but now they can upgrade their Pulse X to the Pulse Xfi for a lot cheaper than what I paid for the Pulse Xfi.

This, to me, is just ridiculous.

You're absolutely right. What this tells the backers is "Next time we do a crowd-funding campaign, don't be early backers because it doesn't pay off".
I hope this time, because you want the exact same item for the lesser price (with the bundle you wanted to "downgrade" from the Xfi to the X), they will agree.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #3,749 of 13,800
Does anyone know what the estimated shipment times for the "Moving on up" perk are?
And is everyone who's upgrading to the Xfi getting thrown to the back of the line?

I'm considering getting in but would like to know roughly how much longer I'll have to wait...

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,750 of 13,800

You're absolutely right. What this tells the backers is "Next time we do a crowd-funding campaign, don't be early backers because it doesn't pay off".
I hope this time, because you want the exact same item for the lesser price (with the bundle you wanted to "downgrade" from the Xfi to the X), they will agree.

Actually, it seems to be backers in the middle that take more of the brunt of it.  If you were early, you made out well. $299 for a Pulse X last black Friday, I believe.  And it had the right rule, you had to have already backed a Pulse before you could back this. I thought that was quite reasonable and didn't cause any distress, or feeling like you had paid more for your pulse than someone else, since everyone had to pay the regular price for their first pulse.

That being said, I definitely understand the pain of some of the people in the middle.  I actually didn't really have a problem with the 'movin on up' when it was for people getting to the SE.  Though they could have handled it a few different ways. At any rate... the campaign will be over sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back