Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,546 of 13,800
Although I would agree with amham, that with the wave online, it is hard to imagine the pulse gets all attention. But I think and hope it is only the communication that moved on to the next project while the design&engineering stays with pulse. At least that is how I understood Mr Larry Ho from his last posts. I really hope they think about the firmware good: Having a powerful processor would enable future features and filters (if only the interface would´t be so clean). Different dedicated settings for the headphones would be great. Now with the display this could be even further taken to mono-originaldirect(stereo)-3dA-3dstandardCross-...

Just saying because if the dac will be really that good I am thinking to investing maybe in something like a miniDSP(+dirac) between source and dac or dac and amp and that makes me think, why the pulse cannot perform more onboard processing before heaving the notoriously good outs at the end, why just have this processor only doing the 3da? Then most would not need any further signal processing. Maybe at least one of the 2spdif rca-style-in could be changed to bnc-style-in(also spdif) (or a whole different story: i2s direct-in or a world clock, but I guess it is too late).
That way it would feature the whole palette of spdif:
-rca&toslink
-bnc
-aes/ebu
And in additional:
-usb

I hope the processor will be the the thing that makes it future-proof and adds some features!

If even the wave has now a dedicated fpga: Can't the "duet engine" be integrated in the pulse as well (with a dedicated bypass for direct dac)?

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,548 of 13,800
I'm just hoping I get mine by around November
smily_headphones1.gif

Pulse shipping before Christmas would be a surprise at this point.

On another note, it seems lhlabs forums are now censored, posted messages do not appear before they are approved by a mod.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #1,549 of 13,800
I'm just hoping I get mine by around November :)

Pulse shipping before Christmas would be a surprise at this point.

On another note, it seems lhlabs forums are now censored, posted messages do not appear before they are approved by a mod.

Wow, that's pretty lame.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,550 of 13,800
Yep mine are posted as I hit it send...
Mice's have posted some strong arguments/insights and are still there.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,551 of 13,800
Anyone have an updated ETA for the balanced Pulse with femto clock?

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,552 of 13,800
Last update is that Larry will publish some pics and measurements before sending a beta unit. (from GF forum)

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,553 of 13,800

Just saying because if the dac will be really that good I am thinking to investing maybe in something like a miniDSP(+dirac) between source and dac or dac and amp and that makes me think, why the pulse cannot perform more onboard processing before heaving the notoriously good outs at the end, why just have this processor only doing the 3da? Then most would not need any further signal processing. Maybe at least one of the 2rca digital could be changed to bnc-in or i2s direct-in or a world clock, but I guess it is too late (why 2 rca?). So I hope the processor will be the the thing that makes it future-proof and adds some features!

You know, you can just buy the Dirac software and create filters that you can load directly into JRiver Media Center. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,556 of 13,800
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,560 of 13,800
Something like this (jump to 2:50)

http://youtu.be/dJ62VrJ7XC8

;-p

Oh, that's just classic!   I got a good yuck out of that and on Newegg no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back