Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 7, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #1,501 of 13,800
Your right, just like other manufacturers...who short changes you and not telling what's in your overpriced DAC.

At least Larry is transparent and get us involved in his $299 (IGG price) DAC.

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,502 of 13,800
Thanks for the posts, Larry.  It is exciting to see the Pulse taking shape.

So, I read the Geek Out thread that this is going to be a big production week.  Will it cover the people who ordered the out + pulse combo?

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #1,505 of 13,800
  Your right, just like other manufacturers...who short changes you and not telling what's in your overpriced DAC.

At least Larry is transparent and get us involved in his $299 (IGG price) DAC.

For your reference: Besides IGG backers, no one in the world will see this $299 price tag again... :wink:

We will decide the final retail price after the material cost and assembly/QC cost is confirmed. 
But from what I see now, it seems won't go under $1000.

Geek Pulse actually is THE upper level in our original plan now.

Larry

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #1,506 of 13,800
For your reference: Besides IGG backers, no one in the world will see this $299 price tag again... :wink:

We will decide the final retail price after the material cost and assembly/QC cost is confirmed. 

Larry

And now I'm regretting not getting the Out + Pulse X bundle... 1k for it. Ouch.

Still looking forward to my 720 though.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #1,507 of 13,800

Larry

>$1,000? Disappointing.

But yea, its great news for initial backers...

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,508 of 13,800
I am so glad I jumped into the boat early.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,509 of 13,800

Larry

Larry,

I know this is just an estimate on your part since obviously final components haven't been selected, but is your idea of the $1000 price tag potentially for the Pulse or the Pulse X/S?

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,511 of 13,800

We will decide the final retail price after the material cost and assembly/QC cost is confirmed

Larry

: -o

How will quality control be different for Indiegogo backers (who are expecting it to be shipped sometime near summer and might suggest a rushed production) compared to retail purchases (when you'll likely have the time to get manufacturing process down and bugs ironed out)? My guess is that people will be seriously deterred by a $1000+ unit if the Geek Pulse receives a lot of positive reviews, especially considering they received the unit for ~$300.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,512 of 13,800
I believe what Larry says. Considering the upgrades done to the vanilla Pulse, like the added inputs, better clock power supplies and possibly internal shielding, bigger housing, gain stages for analog stage and headphone amp, etc... I believe its gonna end up closer to ~$850 than $1000. You then add the LPS, femto clocks, etc and price should hike up nicely from there. During the campaign, the Pulse became a whole different product.

I believe they will take the original idea for the Pulse and just produce it for the intended $500. Which is to just take the GeekOut and put it in a bigger case with more powerful headphone amp, which shouldn't be bad at all as the GeekOut its making a name for itself as one of the better if not the best portable DAC/Amp

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,513 of 13,800
I believe what Larry says. Considering the upgrades done to the vanilla Pulse, like the added inputs, better clock power supplies and possibly internal shielding, bigger housing, gain stages for analog stage and headphone amp, etc... I believe its gonna end up closer to ~$850 than $1000. You then add the LPS, femto clocks, etc and price should hike up nicely from there. During the campaign, the Pulse became a whole different product.

I believe they will take the original idea for the Pulse and just produce it for the intended $500. Which is to just take the GeekOut and put it in a bigger case with more powerful headphone amp, which shouldn't be bad at all as the GeekOut its making a name for itself as one of the better if not the best portable DAC/Amp

That may be true, but I still feel that people will be seriously disappointed.

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,515 of 13,800
That may be true, but I still feel that people will be seriously disappointed.

Who will be disappointed? The average customer that failed to pull the trigger on IGG?

At the end of the day, the proof will be in it's performance! If it performs better than other $1,000 DACs then why would anyone be disappointed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back