Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 7, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,366 of 13,800
That will be great! But so far there are almost no records on that format. Hope Larry can transform his insights when working on the driver to get the hardware implementation done in a way that it is very good supported! For me the real support for this could even be released 2015 by software update, because there is not really any stuff to play so far. Comparing some plots on different forums it seems like dsd128 is already pretty good if implemented right, but there it is great that it will have the possibility to play back even higher resolution. Man that means the pcb will now have to be made super good: matched impedance on related traces and things like this.

Meanwhile: I really hope they pick a digital-encoder with shielding (metal house around with separate pins for ground) for low emi and something around 24 steps. I read that around 24 steps is what a human in average can sense on a circle. Some of them have better bounce and some worse. Guess one has to test them all.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,367 of 13,800
Update:

1. Larry Ho
  2. Moderator
  3. rankmod.gif
  4. OFFLINE
  5. Karma: 32  
I'm totally focus on Geek Pulse/ LPS4 and new cables now...
We are happy about the current progress.

Next new EP should be here soon.

Larry

2014 projects begin!
Lead Engineer/ LH Labs

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,368 of 13,800
I really don't understand the lack of information since the campaign is over...

I'm sure they are working hard, but keep us informed about what's going on is not their best quality...

They also said that they will be shipping Geek Out during this month, because of the building quality, and now we know, from other source, that 1500 units where already sent!!!

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,369 of 13,800

I'm sure they are working hard, but keep us informed about what's going on is not their best quality...

They also said that they will be shipping Geek Out during this month, because of the building quality, and now we know, from other source, that 1500 units where already sent!!!

Potentially 1500 units were shipped. I haven't seen any other source confirm that indeed 1500 units did go out, just the one article. And since the press release wasn't made public we can't confirm if that person is correct or was just misreading. My money is on misreading since LHLabs themselves have said they were only shipping 100 units first. Plus if 1500 did go out we'd more than likely see a lot more first impressions than we currently are.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,370 of 13,800

You guys should go to the geek force website.  Gavin has an update there.  They have a full time customer support there.  People are also receiving their geek outs...

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #1,371 of 13,800
Potentially 1500 units were shipped. I haven't seen any other source confirm that indeed 1500 units did go out, just the one article. And since the press release wasn't made public we can't confirm if that person is correct or was just misreading. My money is on misreading since LHLabs themselves have said they were only shipping 100 units first. Plus if 1500 did go out we'd more than likely see a lot more first impressions than we currently are.

That was already talked in the forum, but no one from LH said something about...

You guys should go to the geek force website.  Gavin has an update there.  They have a full time customer support there.  People are also receiving their geek outs...

I'm always there, since the beginning... :wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,372 of 13,800
That was already talked in the forum, but no one from LH said something about...

Yes, it was discussed there by fellow Geek Force members, but since the original person who made the claim hasn't cited his information properly and since LHLabs hasn't commented on the topic then the most likely scenario is that the article's author provided incorrect information as fact and that we should trust what LHLabs have said they've shipped: 100 units.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,373 of 13,800

Yes, it was discussed there by fellow Geek Force members, but since the original person who made the claim hasn't cited his information properly and since LHLabs hasn't commented on the topic then the most likely scenario is that the article's author provided incorrect information as fact and that we should trust what LHLabs have said they've shipped: 100 units.

You are right. And we start to get some nice feedback from backers. 
Next week will have anther 100 ~ 200 if not more. 

Every unit sent out has been through a detail testing procedure and record the full report in our file server.
And I'm glad that our backers who receive it really likes it. :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,374 of 13,800
You are right. And we start to get some nice feedback from backers. 
Next week will have anther 100 ~ 200 if not more. 

Every unit sent out has been through a detail testing procedure and record the full report in our file server.
And I'm glad that our backers who receive it really likes it. :)

Larry,

Just give us more information, when really matters, and this and other issues will not happen...

This is the only thing I asked since the beginning...

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,375 of 13,800
Ok so here is Larry's update 4 min. ago:

1. Larry Ho
  2. Moderator
  3. rankmod.gif
  4. OFFLINE
You are right. I should post a good progress last week.

So here is it.

* Geek Blue: Audio output quality is nice. But output voltage is not high enough, so we will keep fine tuning the output stage. Re-clock of digital output stage by our LH technology will be there by the end of this month.

* Geek Pulse: EP2 board will come in soon. And we will test another round of OpAmps in analog stage.
Now, my preference is
* Top 1: OP1612 + LME49710
* Top 2: Muse02 + LME49710
* Top 3: Muse01 + OP1612
And I found no matter what, JFET input combined with BJT input OpAmp seems always could deliver more balance sound. And we will keep going on in this journey on EP2 board since analog path has changed a little.

* Geek Pulse X/S: We found some issues with balance configuration. Still working on it. It's NOT easy to make it right.
Can you believe that, we still don't have quite enough PCB estate for balance version DAC. And I don't want to put components on the back side......

* Windows Driver and DFU testing went nicely. So now have a formal 'universal' Windows Driver for Geek Out/Pulse and Da Vinci.

* Geek LPS4/LPS: Will start heat testing and noise test again when the new PCB come in. That should be in 3rd week this month.

-- 
silly.png
 so many updates here ---

* LS JR./2G USB cable. ---> Tooling is on going. And we are making the final adjustment of marketing related technical specs.

Enjoy!

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,376 of 13,800
  Ok so here is Larry's update 4 min. ago:

1. Larry Ho
  2. Moderator
  3. rankmod.gif
  4. OFFLINE
You are right. I should post a good progress last week.

So here is it.

* Geek Blue: Audio output quality is nice. But output voltage is not high enough, so we will keep fine tuning the output stage. Re-clock of digital output stage by our LH technology will be there by the end of this month.

* Geek Pulse: EP2 board will come in soon. And we will test another round of OpAmps in analog stage.
Now, my preference is
* Top 1: OP1612 + LME49710
* Top 2: Muse02 + LME49710
* Top 3: Muse01 + OP1612
And I found no matter what, JFET input combined with BJT input OpAmp seems always could deliver more balance sound. And we will keep going on in this journey on EP2 board since analog path has changed a little.

* Geek Pulse X/S: We found some issues with balance configuration. Still working on it. It's NOT easy to make it right.
Can you believe that, we still don't have quite enough PCB estate for balance version DAC. And I don't want to put components on the back side......

* Windows Driver and DFU testing went nicely. So now have a formal 'universal' Windows Driver for Geek Out/Pulse and Da Vinci.

* Geek LPS4/LPS: Will start heat testing and noise test again when the new PCB come in. That should be in 3rd week this month.

-- 
silly.png
 so many updates here ---

* LS JR./2G USB cable. ---> Tooling is on going. And we are making the final adjustment of marketing related technical specs.

Enjoy!

Thank you for helping repost here... many forums need to cover. :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,377 of 13,800
I am sure this has been discussed over at LHlabs forums but I would be highly interested in a portable audio player by LH labs provided that I do like the Pulse whenever I get it. I haven't been following the FiiO X3 and other DAPs so I don't know what options are out there.

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,379 of 13,800
Great news. That is solid progress. Since Mr Larry Ho didn´t found the company to become head of press-department as far as I read on the webpage, I guess no one would ask for more. But since we are kind of crowd-stakeholders - not in the company, but - in the products, I appreciate like others reading some news.

The pulse: Bigger/Longer housing +1

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,380 of 13,800
I would love to see Light Harmonic and the Geek Force make some sort of portable media player. All of the ones I've heard recently either 1) don't sound very good, or 2) have an absolutely terrible user interface.

even the X5? 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back