Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 25, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #12,856 of 13,800
Of that is the message you got then I missed the mark! My admonition was that when "Yelling" et al, we should be civil in our approach. Name calling is counter productive. I will grant you that we have not go anything near an acceptable level of behavior from LH Labs but on the other hand I don't want our legitimate complains to be drowned out by the name calling I have seen during the last 14 months or so. It hurts every one here and it hurts the ultimate resale value of any of these product that we do get delivered and some day want to sell.

Your point is well taken'

Regards
FBFA

My response was not directly addressed to your post but your example with your little boy was a good one.

But on the other hand someone is responsible for this whole mess we are in.
And it’s definitely not Jarek. He acts just as a mediator between us and Larry.

Hence Larry is the bottleneck and it’s unbelievable - after all that years - that he still can’t delegate certain topics.

From my point of view he is disrespectful and dishonest. Sorry....but I don’t believe at all that he is the innocent guy who didn’t know what bad Gavin did.
Not with a company of this (small) size.

Hence it makes me really angry that he someway gets away with this kind of behavior.
IGG doesn’t do anything, so it seems that he can continue as he does.

Regarding the value of any of the products I don’t have high hopes.

Besides the Vi Dac I sold all my stuff (Pulse Xfi, GO2A SE, LPS, cables) way under the campaign price I paid (not to mention the MSRP they want to have for them).

So by the time I receive my Source and Wave I definitively know I make a loss when I would sell them.

And honestly: who would pay the campaign price again knowing LHLs history with dealing with customers, their lack of decent quality assurance and the non-transferable warranty?

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #12,857 of 13,800
Selling used equipment is almost always a loss, so that is a strawman argument. Also, selling it is your choice, so.... what?

I think that Larry is more clueless than dishonest. His secretive and evasive nature doesn't help, but I do understand his absence from the forums. When he was here he would frequently get beat up when he did post, so in response he just quit even reading the forums. An abusive minority chased him off, now, we get nothing from him, and very little through Jarek.

J.P.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #12,858 of 13,800
Yes....selling is - especially used stuff - in most cases with a loss.

But even for brand new stuff the prices are pretty low.

So buyers are in a comfortable situation as long as they don’t face any issues (RMA won’t most likely not be feasible since they bought it “second hand”.)

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #12,859 of 13,800
My Pulse X with LPS have been sitting unused despite working perfectly. For the price of an early backer, I did get a great deal. However, it still mostly mid-fi sounding at the very best. The headphone amp portion is the weak part of this unit and my other DACs do give better sound. Of course, this is just a Pulse X and not X-ft or X-infinity. Some used equipment do have good resale value, but I don't my Geek Pulse will have that given the average performance and less than stellar reliability rating.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #12,860 of 13,800
I had a Pulse S Infinity + LPS. The S Infinity was one of a small number (20 or so units) which used a summed SE output stage instead of XLR like the normal X Infinity.

Given this, it was very average sounding. It sounded like an 700-1000 DAC, which was its price. I gave it 200 hours burn in, but there was no giant killing magic there. I quickly sold it.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #12,861 of 13,800
He actually is (much moreso than most other people who just think they are), and if anyone thinks we have a relationship or partnership with Tesla, please call them up and report back your findings. Their number is 1 (888) 518-3752 or 1 (650) 681-5100. We eagerly await.
^

Then why did Jarek say @wingsounds13 IS ITK? Wingsound13 clearly isn't.

The degree to which Jarek interprets things liberally concerns me. If negatives (e.g., non-ITK) can be interpreted as positives (e.g., ITK), then many things Larry has purportedly said and done could be interpreted liberally as well...

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #12,862 of 13,800
LH Labs has not established itself as a Co. that sells competitive, reliable, and marketable products. With 5-7 unfinished projects, in 3.5-4 years, what direction is LH Labs Management leading the Co., and it's IGG backers?

Backers, this means that if LH Labs completes, and ships 1 IGG Perked product every 3 years, 15-21 years total time to complete all IGG backed projects. Being optimistic, and LH Labs delivers 1 IGG perked product every 2 years, that is 10-14 years before all IGG Perked Projects are completed.IMO

**This projected timeline is based on the performance of LHL during the past 3.5 years.

Unfinished Projects: Geek Pulse, Vi Dac, Geek Source, Geek Wave, Pulse Tube Headphone AMP, Pulse Tube Pre-AMP, Pulse Stereo AMPs.

Larry Ho must be busy with Tesla S Stereo Systems.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #12,863 of 13,800
Backers, this means that if LH Labs completes, and ships 1 IGG Perked product every 3 years, 15-21 years total time to complete all IGG backed projects. Being optimistic, and LH Labs delivers 1 IGG perked product every 2 years, that is 10-14 years before all IGG Perked Projects are completed.IMOP

**This projected timeline is based on the performance of LHL during the past 3.5 years.

Unfinished Projects: Geek Pulse, Vi Dac, Geek Source, Geek Wave, Pulse Tube Headphone AMP, Pulse Tube Pre-AMP, Pulse Stereo AMPs.

Larry Ho must be busy with Tesla S Stereo Systems.

Don't forget the LPS's that no one has seen in almost 2 years now

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #12,864 of 13,800
Don't forget that 95% of Pulses were supposedly shipped and Vi SS models were shipped. So how do you still have development work to do, if you have been shipping?
Are the first products shipped prototypes, or did you learn that the designs were flawed?

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #12,865 of 13,800
Don't forget that 95% of Pulses were supposedly shipped and Vi SS models were shipped. So how do you still have development work to do, if you have been shipping?
Are the first products shipped prototypes, or did you learn that the designs were flawed?

All Pulses, and Vi Dac's have not been delivered. A project is considered finished, when all IGG Perks have been delivered, and retail sales begin. IMO

In studying LHL performance the past 3.5 years, lack of updates, attitude of Larry Ho and Team. I have come to the conclusion that we are being "Strung Along."

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #12,866 of 13,800
Being take an advantage off is more like it

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #12,867 of 13,800
All Pulses, and Vi Dac's have not been delivered. A project is considered finished, when all IGG Perks have been delivered, and retail sales begin. IMOP

In studying LHL performance the past 3.5 years, lack of updates, attitude of Larry Ho and Team. I have come to the conclusion that we are being "Strung Along."

That was my point, why make 95% of the production then stop. and suddenly everything is into redesign

Users who are viewing this thread

Back