Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,886 of 13,800
Should I upgrade my sfi to xfi for $168? I know the difference, just need some feedback.

Only you can truly answer that.

I got the X version because I have balanced cans, and I think it's worth it. It will at least make your Pulse a bit more future proof. I think the latest upgrade perk for $168 is cheaper than what I paid.

BTW if you decide to upgrade and need balanced cans, I will be letting go a nicely modded AKG that's being replaced by an expected LCD from the Old Friends perk :-D

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3,887 of 13,800

But he said that different cables made significant differences in sound... or so he thought.
Not up for the naked resistors I am afraid.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #3,888 of 13,800
Only you can truly answer that.

I got the X version because I have balanced cans, and I think it's worth it. It will at least make your Pulse a bit more future proof. I think the latest upgrade perk for $168 is cheaper than what I paid.

BTW if you decide to upgrade and need balanced cans, I will be letting go a nicely modded AKG that's being replaced by an expected LCD from the Old Friends perk :-D

Don't let your AKG go too soon. I have been waiting almost 7 weeks for the HE 560s from them to show up.
No one has even contacted me for confirmation, nor have I got an invoice for shipping.  A bit disheartening...

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3,889 of 13,800
You mean that's nearly the Pulse X during the black Friday time. GFOX $299.

I can easily ignore the THD and resistor upgrades. THD is important, but the Pulse Xfi is tested very well and I somehow doubt, that 4 resistors are going to have a huge impact on the SQ. We are way beyond the point of dismishing return for both upgrades.

Another force member was comparing the resistor upgrade to high end cables and that's where I laughed a bit and deleted even the smallest thought about backing up the resistor upgrade.

I can barely resist (pardon the pun). I thought about modding it myself for $60 in parts but it would null the warranty and I'd probably burn myself.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3,890 of 13,800
Don't let your AKG go too soon. I have been waiting almost 7 weeks for the HE 560s from them to show up.
No one has even contacted me for confirmation, nor have I got an invoice for shipping.  A bit disheartening...

I feel for you.

I guess I don't need to tell you the 560s are awesome, and worth every penny at the retail price (and maybe a bit more). You are going to absolutely love them.

Dec 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #3,891 of 13,800

Thanks!!!
I really think that, had I known that there would have been this kind of delay, I just would have ordered them directly form Hifiman or other stocking dealer.. I would have had them and been able to listen to them for the last 6 weeks

frown.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #3,893 of 13,800
The problem is every time you add an option, it adds months of delay to an already long overdue product. All they have to do is keep adding perks and you'll never get it. Should be called Forever Paying or Forever Waiting.

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #3,894 of 13,800
I guess I don't need to tell you the 560s are awesome, and worth every penny at the retail price (and maybe a bit more). You are going to absolutely love them.

Until you hear the entry-level STAX system at 2/3 the price. : p

Should be called Forever Paying or Forever Waiting.

I LOLed at that. Nice one.

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #3,897 of 13,800
Is the Xfi last year and the current campaign exactly the same internally?
THD and Naked resistor aside.

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,899 of 13,800
  Yes they are.... the only difference are these new perks now...

lol now to see if they'll return back the extra upgrades on the Geek Wave which they did on the 1st campaign to their current forever campaign...

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #3,900 of 13,800
Is everyone getting the LPS? It seems quite long and I wonder how much improvements can be heard. Also, I am torn btw X and Xfi......help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back