Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 30, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #13,789 of 13,800
recommend the few remaining others with Ho/Fisch product dump it and move on as well.
Have done it bro... no worries.

BpOoOiR.jpg

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #13,791 of 13,800
Whole thing re Geek Pulse / LH Labs brings back the baddest memories for me.
I moved on to Chord H2 and SMSL VMV D1se, and recommend the few remaining others with Ho/Fisch product dump it and move on as well.
I just started seeing Light Harmonic ads pop up on my Facebook feed. Can't get away.
https://www.facebook.com/LightHarmonic

May 9, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #13,792 of 13,800
LH designed and released a new Da Vinci model in 2021 yet failed to deliver a single thing to a back in at least 5 years. Just one more example that they were nothing but scammers. Yet I still am a sucker and want to give them the benefit of the doubt and think they started pure and only got greedy once they saw the money roll in from the Pulse campaign. In the end I know it doesn't matter cause they turned out to be a total scam and them making a new Da Vinci model yet not delivering for us is the cherry on top.

May 9, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #13,793 of 13,800
Saw red flags when they have problems delivering the Pulse. And just like you was sucker and gave them the benefit of the doubt. And went ahead and ordered the server/streamer. Anyway experience learned.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #13,796 of 13,800
I shipped my PulseSFi/LPS yesterday, sold off to a man in Israel. Good riddance crap company. I was one of lucky ones who got a functional dac, never faced a problem with it, but am still so happy to have replaced it with a iFi iDsd Neo. Lesson learned. Never trust a snake oil dealer.

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #13,797 of 13,800
I don't know if I'd feel better if I never had a Pulse delivered. The one I got was nothing but trouble. Went back for repair several times, and they never fixed it. It would work for a short while and then turn into an expensive brick. LH Labs quit replying to my entreaties. I finally gave it to an EE genius, for him to play with. To date he hasn't found the time. I sold the linear power supply (it went back once and they did fix that). I will never participate in any crowdfunding that costs more than a few dollars. I bought a Schiit dac which has been flawless and I can count on them to repair it if needed. LH Labs cost me about a $1000 for the lesson.

Jun 9, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #13,798 of 13,800
I guess I got lucky out of all this. I got a DAC that did work when I bothered to use it and the Oscar's which ended up being a very nice IEM when it had the power to drive it. I was very impressed the little time I got with them and the 320 Max.

Otherwise I lost about $5-6k

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #13,799 of 13,800
Blast from the past. I feel sorry for all the people that got screwed over.

I originally just got the base geek pulse and hifiman HD560 in a combo. which was a really good deal. I have recently upgraded to Hifiman XS

I am still using the geek pulse to this day. being so old i am wondering if i would get much difference changing to a Fiio k7 or topping dx3pro+ has technology changed much since the geek pulse times? seems the geek pulse still has quite a strong amp being 3000mW compared to those offerings i mentioned.

Geek pulse is the only amp/dac i have ever owned so i have no idea.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #13,800 of 13,800
Blast from the past. I feel sorry for all the people that got screwed over.

I originally just got the base geek pulse and hifiman HD560 in a combo. which was a really good deal. I have recently upgraded to Hifiman XS

I am still using the geek pulse to this day. being so old i am wondering if i would get much difference changing to a Fiio k7 or topping dx3pro+ has technology changed much since the geek pulse times? seems the geek pulse still has quite a strong amp being 3000mW compared to those offerings i mentioned.

Geek pulse is the only amp/dac i have ever owned so i have no idea.
Interesting seeing this pop up. I just pulled out an old Pulse Blue Bluetooth dac I have never used and hooked it up. It works and still sounds good but I haven't compared it to something like the iFi Zen series yet. It sounds like an LH but maybe not up to say a Geek Out Signature or Pulse Signature. I'll probably end up giving it to a friend who needs something for his system. It's only Bluetooth 4.0 but for something basic it's fine.

I was not aware the Pulse was 3000mW. Interesting. It's never had any problems driving any of my headphones. I have had very little desire to upgrade it (tho I use the Zen series right now in my main system for a variety of reasons) unless to something like an r2r. It still works and knock on wood won't fail soon. I still use it heavily when it's hooked up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back