GEC 6AS7G from eBay
Dec 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nututubes

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT
THESE PHOTOS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE WOO OWNERS THREAD, BUT I SCREWED THAT UP!
MODERATORS, PLEASE MOVE TO http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/428570/woo-audio-amp-owner-unite/7005#post_7104491 
I told Mike Malter that I would post photos of the GEC 6AS7G that I got from eBay, so here they are. I should note that they are EXACTLY like the photo in the ad. I should also note that I didn't notice that one tube is taller than the other, both in the photo and in reality. I hope this is not a problem. I have no amp to test them in yet, so no comment on function test. I also photographed the top like Mike did.

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
EDIT
THESE PHOTOS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE WOO OWNERS THREAD, BUT I SCREWED THAT UP!
MODERATORS, PLEASE MOVE TO http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/428570/woo-audio-amp-owner-unite/7005#post_7104491 
I told Mike Malter that I would post photos of the GEC 6AS7G that I got from eBay, so here they are. I should note that they are EXACTLY like the photo in the ad. I should also note that I didn't notice that one tube is taller than the other, both in the photo and in reality. I hope this is not a problem. I have no amp to test them in yet, so no comment on function test. I also photographed the top like Mike did.

I think you should be ok.  My interest are what those numbers on the sticker mean.  Ask him about that.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 10
My tubes were so close to being delivered!  Too bad I have a pesky thing called a job, otherwise I'd be in audio nirvana. 
frown.gif

I'll probably pick them up at the post office tomorrow after lunch.  I'll be sure to take pictures.

The ratings written on the boxes from the eBay auction I won are:

Tube 1:
60/5.1
60/5.3

Tube 2:
63/5.2
60/5.4

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 10
As promised, here are the used GEC 6AS7Gs I received today (sorry about the bad lighting):

I'm not too concerned about the looks as long as they sound good!

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
As promised, here are the used GEC 6AS7Gs I received today (sorry about the bad lighting):

Nice to see.  Bet they sound heavenly!

Alex is exchanging my tubes and refunding 1/3rd of the purchase price.  I'm getting basically getting another pair of used GEC 6AS7G's that measure good.

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Well, I put both tubes in my amp and one tube is completely dead.  No glow, nothing.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I put both tubes in my amp and one tube is completely dead.  No glow, nothing.
frown.gif

Write Alex immediately and tell him.  Also, what if you swapped tubes, what then?

I put in a 6080 and it works fine, so it's not my amp.  I'll send him a message now.

EDIT:
He responded and said to ship back both tubes for either a replacement or full refund.  I hope he has replacements... the GEC 6AS7G has almost officially become my white whale.
redface.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 10

I know how you feel.  Really sorry to hear.  I am having my own issues with Alex too, but so far he is trying to make good.  I sent back his tubes today and he said he sent me a new pair.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
frown.gif

Write Alex immediately and tell him.  Also, what if you swapped tubes, what then?

I put in a 6080 and it works fine, so it's not my amp.  I'll send him a message now.

EDIT:
He responded and said to ship back both tubes for either a replacement or full refund.  I hope he has replacements... the GEC 6AS7G has almost officially become my white whale.
redface.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

The silver deposit on the top of the tubes does not looks right, the pair I have is completely clear on the top. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back