Gapless & flash & >4GB
Mar 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #31 of 40
From what I have read the Sony NW-S70x series can do gapless with ATRAC and AAC, but you have to use Sonic stage and 4GB is the max. Nonetheless, I love my little S706F player.
Joe

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #32 of 40
Re: D2 and Rockbox

How does Rockbox effect sound quality, I've heard mixed reviews, Sansa users have actually went back to the original firmware due to sound quality issues. Is rockbox working on an iAudio7 firmware?

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #33 of 40
Gapless, flash, >4gb, eq, lineout (or even digital out
eek.gif
), excellent SQ, tap tap tap....is this thing on????

Mar 2, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #34 of 40
Rockbox shouldn't affect the SQ for a player lest something is done with the audio processing code I imagine. This wouldn't be a bad thing if done right on a D2, since even when compared to players renowned for SQ in the past, the D2's soundstage is severely compressed, even when compared to the iAudio U3.

Gapless, Flash, 4GB+, EQ, Lineout, excellent SQ
- Flash modded Rockbox compatible iPods + LOD (e.g 32GB CF Mod iPod Mini)
- Flash modded Rockboxed iMod
- Flash modded Rockboxed iRiver H320
- Flash modded Rockboxed iAudio X5/M5 (Not through line-out, the line-out of the X5 sucks, with a signal that has a bass roll-off so severe its worse that any of the old 16 Ohm loaded iPods I've seen, and I would imagine that by proxy, the M5 is affected as well)

Gapless, Flash, 4GB+, EQ, Lineout/Digital Out (Same thing), excellent SQ and Optical Output
- Flash modded Rockboxed iRiver H1x0 series.

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #35 of 40
So the only dream players are modded? We need a company who with make one of these players.

Lineout is analog and digital lineout (like from a computer) is digital binary code (011000011011101100010110).

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #36 of 40
How about a flash modded Rio Karma? (No need for lineout but also has one via the dock.)

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #37 of 40
A Flash modded Rio Karma would work, and I would assume would sound great from all the rep it receives.

It does however, bug me that I can recall that the Karma's output graphs has bass rolloff issues with low impedance phones as well.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #38 of 40
karma does gapless? that is nice. other than bass roll off, it could be a great player. if the d2 hadn't the soundstage it has with my low imp phones as well as less bass rolloff and had gapless (if rockbox will work with it eventually) i might have kept mine. yes, i might have.

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by PachmanP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any flash players, besides 2nd generation nano, out there in the 4+GB range that do gapless? I am under the impression that the nano is the only one, and its sound quality is not so hot. Is there anything else?

Thanks.

So, to ask the OP's question once more... without mods and rockbox, Sony and Atrac, is there anything else flash, 4GB+ that does gapless?

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #40 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back