Gapless & flash & >4GB
Jul 3, 2007 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

PachmanP

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any flash players, besides 2nd generation nano, out there in the 4+GB range that do gapless? I am under the impression that the nano is the only one, and its sound quality is not so hot. Is there anything else?

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 40
It's gapless now? That is good news. I should have hung onto mine. The Nano is decent IMO, but the Z5 is one of the few machines which offers (slightly, but noticeably IMO) better sound quality, not just a more configurable / 'Fast & Furious type friendly' EQ. If the firmware hasn't changed this as well, the EQ is preset as on the Nano but the DNSe effects are actually pretty good. I also liked the user interface quite a lot, although the controls took a bit of time to master (and actually made sense after I'd done so, unlike the Zen Vision M).

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 40
I haven't really heard any solid confirmation on the gaplessness of the Samsung. Most people said it's a hit & miss, and some said it doesn't work at all.

Anything that can be used with Rockbox firmware are gapless. 1G nano can be rockboxed just fine. I don't see Sony even bother releasing the A8xx series in the US.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 40
That looks pretty sweet. How is it as far as hiss goes with low impedance phones?

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can get a Sansa e280 and stick rockbox on it, which adds gapless.

How's the SQ? Is there a hiss with IEMs?

Expandable memory, user replaceable battery and gapless? We may have a winner.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #13 of 40
regarding the gapless playback on z5f - I can state that it 100% works
smily_headphones1.gif
use it all the time - firmware 2.47

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Trekstor Vibez is gapless. Isn't it?

I believe so, but isn't it microdrive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back