Ganqi Amp Module for Earphones (GAME card)
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
The original amplifier module of HM-801 player, Ganqi Amplifier Module Standard (ST card), was designed for both earphones and full size headphones. ST can provide 70mw at 32 Ohm, and 45mw at 320 Ohm. Gain was set as 1.6. It is a powerful amplifier and can drive most headphone cans and high impedence earphones. However, some customers complain that ST is too powerful and too much gain when driving high efficiency in-ear (more than 120db).

Now we are releasing Ganqi Amp Module for Earphones (GAME card). It is a card using the hi-end OPA627 opamp plus 634 buffer. GAME card was designed for earphones so that the gain is only 0.9. We believe such a low gain will help high efficiency IEM users minimize imbalance in low volume (Analoge volume control always have such problem at low volume), and will make customers more comfortable when adjusting volume (volume will not jump to much when move the volume control). We will provide more data about GAME card soon.

GAME card will be retail as 170usd. Because GAME's cost is much higher than ST, and does not have enough output when driving high impedence full size headphones, we will not sale GAME with HM-801.

GAME card will be available at HEAD-Direct website in the next two weeks.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 5, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 37
Uhm... don't get me wrong, I think OPA627+BUF634 is a nice combo, but the discrete output stage on the standard model is likely "more high end" for full sized headphones.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 37
Put me down for one please
smily_headphones1.gif
Has the pre-order begun yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back