Gamma-2 (γ2) DAC Thread
Aug 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #361 of 2,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't there a voltage regulator on the Mini3 board for that?

Yeah~
I thought perhaps he was doing what n_maher (?) did with his balanced mini3.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #362 of 2,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the modu shop does custom works now. modushop.biz

€30 for drilling without limitations. €4 for engraving per word. How well does that compared to FPE?

Well, i deal with Modu Shop once, and never again [shipping was late and i call Italy to check whats goin' on, and first thing some Italian lady ask me was "What You have against Italian companies" ], thats the first thing, second - 30 for driling, prolly 40-50 for engraving per word, you will be lucky if you get both panels for les then 200 bucks ...

AVOID !

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #363 of 2,154
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with modu shop. Probably Italy has the worst postal service in the world. But I thought that was for inbound, not outbound. I bought some cases from italy. Not from modu shop, but from Autocostruire. They are very good cases and had no problems with shipping so would buy again. I live in europe though so maybe it's a bit of a nightmare for people in the US?

BTW, it was €4 per word, not per letter so it seems pretty reasonable if you want that professional finish. But I would just be happy with neatly cut panels.

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #364 of 2,154
Quote:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with modu shop. Probably Italy has the worst postal service in the world. But I thought that was for inbound, not outbound. I bought some cases from italy. Not from modu shop, but from Autocostruire. They are very good cases and had no problems with shipping so would buy again. I live in europe though so maybe it's a bit of a nightmare for people in the US?

BTW, it was €4 per word, not per letter so it seems pretty reasonable if you want that professional finish. But I would just be happy with neatly cut panels.

Yes i know .. but if you look @ front and rear panels for Gamma2:
Gamma2 Front and rear Panels
count the words and multiply by 4 Euros ... - Plus machining for 2 panels - 80 euros - and there you go ... about 200 bucks ...

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #366 of 2,154
wow the red/orange switches look pretty cool poking thru the black like that =]

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #367 of 2,154
We have one more gamma2 alive and well
smily_headphones1.gif

Had a few issues that were solved by a little more heat and love on the X1.

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #368 of 2,154
I was going to try to work on mine for some/most of today but I ended up having to go to work - I guess I'll start tomorrow.

As an aside, when you order parts for a gamma1, gamma2, mini^3, m^3, sigma11, and CK2III all at the same time from Mouser, you end up with a big pink antistatic sack full of about 130 little envelopes. I'm going to be sorting for a while.
frown.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #370 of 2,154
I don't normally visit the DIY section in this forum so please forgive my ignorance but is this DAC the final version or is it still in the prototype stage and how much would this finished DAC cost?

I'm currently using the Gamma-1 as my main DAC and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I prefer this to some of the other more expensive DACs I have in my collection.

Can anyone recommend a DIYer who could build me one of these as I have zero DIY skills.

TIA
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #371 of 2,154
Still prototyping. I suspect that if you PM MisterX once the final version is done, he can point you in the right direction of a good builder......
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #372 of 2,154
Quote:

I noticed the modu shop does custom works now. modushop.biz

€30 for drilling without limitations. €4 for engraving per word. How well does that compared to FPE?

I've dealt with Modushop on a number of occasions - - I've ordered half a dozen cases, and on 2 occasions I had them drill various holes and flanges in front panels. I've never had them engrave lettering.

I've always found them a great deal, and their shipping has been fast and reasonably well packed. Their cases are very nicely crafted - - good Bolognese manufacturing.

Keep in mind, however, that I'm in Britain. Shipping from Europe to the United States can be tricky and more expensive. However, I've only had good experiences with them.

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #375 of 2,154
I am currently building my gamma1. Question: on U6D (TPS93475) I am getting continuity between the two outside pins on the three-pin side, but not between any other pins (including either outside pin and the center pin). Did I burn the chip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back